Wednesday, August 4, 2010

38 weeks

Yesterday marks 38 weeks and means I have less than 2 more to go!! Can you believe that?! I am down to the wire and honestly things are getting done.

First of all projects:
I have finished the crib, not because it is perfectly done but because I am done with it! Haha. It has taken me some time and honestly to be happy I should just stop so I decided to. I can now not only have my kitchen back where I have been painting but can check one more thing off my "To Do" list.

Gifts for others, they are coming to a close too. I made 8 onesies, a diaper holder and wipe container, butt ruffles for Aubrey, and wall art for her room. Still need to ship everything out but glad that is done, now I just need to clean up my kitchen table and everywhere else these projects have left a trail.

My diaper holder and wipe case {thanks Jilene for sewing the holder!}

Her bow holders

Now on to me physically:
The past week I have had a really hard time falling asleep! Normally once my head hits my pillow I am out within seconds, even ask Clark. Well, it has taken me 30-60 minutes to fall asleep and then when I do I am constantly tossing and turning and never in a deep sleep. Then I wake up at 6 and can't go back to sleep so I lay there half awake and half out of it for about an hour until Brookie gets up. I hate it! I decided I should stop taking naps during the day when Brookie does but man is that hard on me too. Once noon hits it takes everything in me to keep my head up and not lay down to "watch some tv" only to fall asleep after 5 minutes. The past 2 nights have been better with sleeping at night though so maybe no naps is what I need to do.

Other than that I am feeling great! Aubrey is as big as my body will let her get, but I don't feel huge and am still ok with her being in there. I remember with Brooklyn I was done and ready to just have my body back to myself but maybe because I am not fully ready for Aubrey I am feeling good.

Had my doctor's appointment yesterday and I've made progress. I am now at a 2 and 60% effaced which is another difference from Brookie. With her I wasn't even at a 1 at 38 weeks. It kinda scares me to think I could have Aubrey really at any minute! But then again she could be fine in there too for a while... I also gained back those 2 lbs so I am back to 201. I don't think 24 lbs for a pregnancy is bad at all and proud of myself for doing so well. With Dr. Beck yesterday, we talked about when we wanted this baby to come and if I don't have her this week we will look into scheduling my induction during my 39th week since I am farther along with her in dilation and what not. So if I don't have her this week, it will probably be the next, ahhhh!!!

Mentally:
One step in the right direction, I have been less stressed lately and getting a little excited...still not where I want to be on the excitement level but that's ok. After going to the doctor yesterday and talking about her coming in a week or two it's definitely made things more real and I am feeling a little more excited with each day. Now that things are coming together I am feeling better about everything, it's a complete night and day difference from how I felt a few weeks ago.

Now what's left on my To Do list:
*Well I realized that this Friday is our last payday before Aubrey comes so that means I need to get all the essentials like diapers, feeding supplies, pacifiers, some granny panties for me {oh yeah baby}, etc.
*Finish decor for her bedroom
*buy a changing pad cover
*Get a DIAPER BAG, can't believe I didn't get that yet
*Finish her bows I've started...notice I said the ones I've started not the million others that I should make.
*make a few receiving blankets or maybe just buy some
*try to get her curtains done, maybe...we will see.

Relax and enjoy my family of three for now!!
Soon to be 4






4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Kels, it sounds like everything is almost ready. I love that diaper holder material. I found some really cute Flannel for a few more blankets (a bit better than the ones I sent you...I have limited stores in pokee)

I will also post more pictures of addie today....she is 3 weeks, and I'm feeling much better than I have the first 2

Jen Johnson said...

That is amazing that you made a whole different room for her, Aubrey. My sister had boy and another boy. So, she took her two year old and gave him a bed and made up another room for him and left the 'nursery room' for her next baby, Parker. Either way it all works out and they all have fabulous rooms! hee.. :) You should post pics of Brookie's room. Haven't seen hers and I bet it is way cute!

*Katie May* said...

Super cute wipes/diaper holder. Can't wait to meet you new little one.

amber {and co.} said...

ohmygoodness, I can't believe it's time for her to come! 9 months has gone by SO fast! We're so excited to have our new little niece/cousin here and to meet her in person in a few weeks! I'm so glad things are coming together both physically and mentally, everything looks great! As for sleeping, the last few weeks the only way I could sleep was by taking two Benadryl before bed, it's safe to take while you're pregnant and knocked me out pretty well Ü We'll be waiting on pins and needles for news, we love you and are so excited!