Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Aubrey Estelle

Well Aubrey went to her 9 month check up about 3 weeks ago. Everything looked good except for a couple of things. First she weighed 16 lbs 1oz, that's only 3 ounces more then she weighed at her 6 month. I told the doctor I wasn't too worried because she definitely eats and is EVERYWHERE!! This girl does not sit still, I am waiting for her to walk any day now. She stands by herself but when she realizes she wants to go somewhere she plops down and crawls. The Doctor wasn't too concerned either until we looked up her percentile. 6th percentile folks!! She is a complete opposite from Brookie, Brooklyn was off the charts on her size {ok maybe not off the charts but she definitely wasn't starving}. So we have added formula to the daily intake to hopefully help with that. We will take her back in in another week or so and weight her and hopefully we see some good change or we might have to look more into it.

Aubrey is such a happy baby. She is starting to skwak {do not know how to spell that word but don't feel any other word will describe it good enough} now and it's annoying! Her and Brookie have their moments, both good and bad. The other day Brookie crawled on the floor with her, went back into her room, and all I heard was laughter from both of them! I loved it!! On the not so much lovin part is in the car Brookie already says "Aubrey, don't look at me" and tries to put up her cover on her car seat which then makes Aubrey scream and not be so happy. I can't believe we are already in the "Don't look at me...she's looking at me..." stage!! Ugh. I hate it. But the love moments make up for the bad ones.

Aubrey is getting her 3rd tooth and going through a growth spurt. She loves food and that's always a good thing. She still does her "Lion face" and we can't get enough of it. Recently she realized the play area in the back and will go back there on her own and quietly play. I love it!! Brooklyn never did this and still mostly doesn't but it's so nice to have a child entertain themselves. If Brookie isn't back there to take away toys Aubrey will be content for a good amount of time.

What else about Aubrey?! She is waking up anywhere from 6-6:30am which is so hard for me but she goes back down for a nap after an hour or so of being up. That's when Momma lays on the couch and gets a little shut eye.

She is getting so big {and yet isn't at the same time} and we can't believe she is coming up on 10 months old!! Snapped these yesterday while the girls were playing.


{love that the drooling gives her lips some extra shine!}


See the "Lion face" is still here folks! Love it.


She has an obsession with finding hair and getting rid of it asap...she is too funny.


Brooklyn has gotten big on this whole "good guy, bad guy" thing. She will point out who is a good guy and bad guy in all movies. She has even told me, "Mommy you not da bad guy, you da good guy".

She'd play back there for hours without any issues.

Love watching them play together...even if they really aren't playing together ;)

Brookie is sharing with Aubrey! Love

Life sure is beautiful and so are my girls!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You had to add formula, when did you stop brestfeeding? At 9 months we had to add 2 more bottles so that we might up the weight too. We're right there with you

I don't worry that Addie is only 16 pounds though, she is a great eater, moves around really good (she is standing and trying to walk or scoot her feet sideways as well, its so funny. I love your word), and is hitting all the milestones she needs too.

I know you told me that you are still in 3-6 are you moving up to 6-9 yet?

The Binghams said...

Love you last two posts. Love those two girls!! It makes me so excited to see how much different our little one will be from Kambry! Hope Aubrey can put on a couple lbs. If not I think she's perfect anyway!!