On our way I HAD to stop at this amazing vacant lot to take pictures of my girls. It was gorgeous and I had been eying it every time we drove by. Spent about 15 minutes and then got back in the car to town.
Brunch was amazing!! We went to Hall's Chophouse {think that is correct...I need a refresher} and man talk about Southern Hospitality!! The owner and her son greeted us and were so incredibly genuine, caring, sweet, and nice. When we sat down at our table they gave Brookie an Easter Egg full of treats and kept smiling and talking with our babies! The food was to die for not to mention they had a male gospel singer with accompanist on the grand piano on the 1st floor and the sound carried to us on the second. He was singing beautiful songs even "How Great Thou Art" and It was so wonderful!! The food....YUMMMM!! Caroline and I split our meals and the boys split theirs. We all got the french toast which was incredible. No need for dessert. Never felt more valued and welcomed as a customer, like we had known them for years. Such a great dinning experience, the best I have had in my life to this day!Then we all went on a carriage ride of Charleston afterward and learned some great history about the city. How a 2 story million dollar mansion had 2 windows worth more then the house itself. Well when you have 2 windows made by Mr. Tiffany himself of course it's worth a butt load!! And many more interesting things. Brookie crashed and so did Aubrey. Clark and I got to enjoy the quiet and the fun tour.

Then we headed back to NC, 3 hour trip back, and when we got home the Easter Bunny had come. Brookie loved all her treats and toys. Aubrey got a great colorful toy just like her cousins had. It was fun watching Brooklyn get excited. She kept calling him "Mr. Bunny came..."

We enjoyed our Easter Sunday back to our "home" and the kids had their toys to entertain them!
She is saying 'Play-Doooogh"The next day we were headed home and honestly I don't think I will write it down. I kind of don't want to remember it. There was cranky kids, canceled flights, a threat of job loss, tears and crying {both kids and me} and just all around not so good time getting home. We made it back safely and everything turned out ok. Thank goodness!!
We LOVED our trip to NC and we LOVED spending time with my Brother Devin, Caroline, Liam and Charlotte!! We enjoyed every minute and can't wait till the day when we can head back there again. Thank you Devin and Caroline for all you did for us! I can't think of better hosts and more selfless people then you two. Love ya!
These memories we made are dearly treasured and will last forever.
1 comment:
Looks like such a great trip. Love all the pics!
Post a Comment