Monday, May 16, 2011

Beach Day

Saturday started off with the boys leaving to go golfing at 7 in the morning. Clark was so excited, so giddy. Once the babies woke up we decided to take a walk and enjoy the weather. It was sunny out again. We found a playground that Brooklyn loved.


She took off her shoes and ran...


Loved that it was beach sand and went to work on building a sand castle!

Aubrey just sat and watched her sister play. She was a little fussy so we didn't stay too long. We enjoyed our walk back and once we got to the Villa Aubrey crashed. I decided to take Brookie for a personal photo shoot!

I still can't get over how fast the time flies by, I don't think I ever will. I wonder if I will ever stop saying it too?! Hahaha.



The boys weren't back yet so I decided to take the girls down to the beach! I wanted to create memories with them and didn't want anything to stop me. It was a challenge getting everything back up but it was worth it!

Brooklyn loved running away from the water and then would chase it back out. She made it a game.

The monkey and my little bear! She was loving the weather and was soaking everything in.

Once I put her down for the first time she wouldn't look up. She loved the sand. She seemed to love the feel of it between her fingers and would keep grabbing more. She was in a daze. Once I brought her back up to the tent she then decided to eat some, yummmm.

The boys made it back and LOVED their time golfing. They played where the PGA Championships will be played in 2012 and it is ranked #25 in the nation out of 1700 golf courses. Needless to say Clark was in Heaven!! We all went down to the beach together and watched Liam's and Charlotte's reaction to the waves, ocean, and sand for the first time.

They kept switching how they felt. One minute Charlotte was crying and Liam was happy. Then the next Charlotte was ok and Liam was freaking out. It was too cute! I love the pictures we got.



There are so many more but I posted them on Facebook so I decided to pick my favorites for the blog. Then it was our family turn, I was so thankful Caroline would take some of us. It is so nice to be in pictures and have them turn out great! Thank you Caroline, it is rare when I get to be seen.

Love this one of Aubrey and her Uncle Devin! What a great picture for her to have!!

Devin, Caroline and the 3 baby cousins!

Daddy and Brookie walked the beach together looking for sea shells and exploring!
Love this picture and love that Clark took some time to spend along time with Brookie, his girl!

Our family on the beach! Both girls were distracted with everything around them.

Oh Aubrey. She loved the beach and everything that came with it. She is her Father's Daughter!

Her collection of Shells she found. We did bring them back with us and they are currently sitting on the kitchen counter. {Side note: Brookie's hair was so curly from the humidity. I was loving it!!}

After the beach time with the whole gang us adults headed out to dinner. Devin and Caroline got babysitters, a family who moved from their ward in Charlotte to Charleston, so we could go out and enjoy a peaceful dinner where we didn't have to feed anyone but ourselves!! We went to Cru Cafe, a french cafe, which was also in an older home. Also mouth watering, delicious, and filling food. {as I swallow the drooling collecting in my mouth right now}. When we got back Clark and I went down to the beach and sat in chairs as the water swept under our feet. SO NICE! Best Date night in a long time. Thank you Devin and Caroline. We also declare that day to be THE best day Clark has had. {besides our wedding day, babies, etc, even though he might debate you on that}

We Loved, loved, loved our day at the beach, golfing, food, date night, and creating such wonderful memories.

No comments: