I went in with him to be his support. It was his first surgery {and hopefully the last!!}.
I hate hospitals. I hate the anxiety that comes with watching them hook your loved one up to the monitors. I hate the uneasy feeling you get while you sit and wait for the doctor to show up to take them back to the table. I hate the quiet minutes spent reading, texting, playing on your phone, or facebooking while you wait for someone to come tell you everything went great. I hate the long wait afterward until you are able to go home. I then hate getting the bill!
BUT I am oh so grateful that we have them! That Clark was able to walk in, have surgery, feel better, and go home within hours because of hospitals. Because of modern medicine.
We are blessed with great health. I can't imagine life in a hospital. I can't imagine those Mothers, Fathers, parents, or children who have to go everyday to be with the ones they love! Hospitals or so emotionally and physically draining! I just keep praying that I will not have to experience that because I don't know how I would handle it all. I know if something were to happen of course I'd suck it up and get through but the thought about it now just shakes my core.
Ok, I've got to stop thinking about it because my blood pressure is going up. So while I waited I went to the cafeteria, had a burger and fires, read Parents magazine, ate candy, and played phase 10 on Clark's phone.
Ok, I've got to stop thinking about it because my blood pressure is going up. So while I waited I went to the cafeteria, had a burger and fires, read Parents magazine, ate candy, and played phase 10 on Clark's phone.
I read a few Parents magazines while I waited. I felt pretty proud to see that most of the 25 Manners Every Kid Needs By Age 9 Brooklyn had already gotten down! I think I know which one I will work on next though...
#10 Knock on closed doors-and wait to see if there's any response-before entering. She tells me to "Go Mom, Go..." when she is in the bathroom but stomps on in when I am.
Clark didn't want any pictures taken, in fact he was upset with me for even bringing my camera but I needed something to keep me busy and distracted!! Do you know how many pictures I had to take of me holding the magazine before I got a decent one?! Haha. It's because I have my 50 mm lens so I had to hold it above me and hope it was focusing on the right spot. I am sure the 2 other people who were there thought I was so silly but I am pretty proud of myself.
Well He has been home recovering and everything has gone well. He has been in a bit of pain but nothing pain meds can't help with! He went back to work today. Pray for him! I am constantly saying one in my heart.
Oh and guess what?? 5 more days till NC!!!
6 comments:
so I must ask...what did you think of Banner Ironwood? That's where we are having #3 and I'm nervous about it being so new and all....Gimme the scoop friend.
Glad Clark is doing better and back to work!
I had NO idea Clark was in the hospital & had surgery!!! Some friend I am :( Happy to hear he is recovering and back on his feet.
Now I know how Ben was feeling when I was getting my gall bladder out! I am glad everything went well! I was in and out within two hours of my surgery. It was my first time being put to sleep but I am too so thankful for modern medicine!:) Have fun on your trip@
I feel the same way about hospitals. After Lukes very minor out patient procedure I hade a whole new respect for parents with sick kids who have to stay in the hospital. It's the most helpless feeling. Glad Clark is doing ok!
Glad it all went well. Thank heaven for Doctors. Carsten had 2 hernias last year he had to have fixed.
Yes I am so thankful for modern medicine.
You go girl...the week I'm gone, you post 3 times. I'm playing catch up right now. Brookie and Aubrey are so fun and we wish we were closer to play and have cousin times!!!!! We will visit, but since summer is coming maybe we'll wait till the weather turns cooler there!!!! We're wimps when it comes to extreme hot!
What did you plant in your garden. I love having a garden, then canning it and preparing for the next year. It is so satisfying. You are gonna have so much fun...well not with weeding it everyday, but that helps get rid of my love handles, which are out of control right now, so it's worth it!!!
Post a Comment