Saturday, April 30, 2011

Golf Day & Lazy 5 Ranch

On day 3 of our vacation we hung out at the house and boys went golfing in the afternoon. Brooklyn watched...well honestly I don't remember which movie. It was between the 3 she kept playing throughout the week: Tangled, Incredibles, and Shrek.

She was loving the dogs, and she got really excited when they would come sit by her on their own, not being told to.

We were thrilled when we realized we had all 4 kids down at the same time!! We got to catch up on what's new, our friends, life, having kids, and enjoying the small talk. Things you don't normally talk about over the phone when you are 31 hrs 34 mins / 2084.68 miles away. Yes...I map quested it. Never knew that.


Aubrey enjoyed playing in her cousins' toys! They were kind enough to share and it saved Mommy from holding her all the time. She is starting to get up on everything and crawl everywhere so it makes "holding" her that much more difficult.

Day 4 we decided to plan on one trip and that was to Lazy 5 Ranch. To make a long story short we got lost to the place, once we got there we realized Devin left his wallet at the gas station we had stopped at 20 minutes prior, the boys left in the truck to go get it, Us Girls {Caroline, Brookie, Charlotte, and I} and Liam went in their car through the ranch, Had a blast but was oh so scared...I think we got more feed in the car rather then to the animals...

I guess I should explain Lazy 5 Ranch a little better. "The Lazy 5 Ranch offers the unique experience of giving you a 3.5 mile tour of over 750 animals from all over the world. The Lazy 5 Ranch is a drive through animal park that will be a sure hit with the whole family. You can drive through the Lazy 5 Ranch in the safety of your own car or even better, call for reservations on our horse drawn open-air wagons. Be sure to bring your cameras!" Well The boys ended up with my camera in the truck so Caroline has all the pictures of this outing.

We came to the conclusion that next time we go or they go, or whoever, they need to drive through with everyone on the back of the truck. There is just something about being below a zebra, ostrich, lamas, bulls, etc as they stick their heads in your car and take the feed. SCARY!!

Of course Brookie was the bravest one of all and I tried not to scare her, she tends to react when I do. I couldn't help but think of Jessica the whole time and think "She would DIE right now!!" hahaha. Right Jess?!

So back to Devin and his wallet. They ended up chasing down a mexican to get it. Do not ask me to explain. If you want a good narrated story please speak to my husband. If you didn't know he is great at describing any story and situation...A little too good sometimes!

When we got back we just hung out. Aubrey decided to get up on Liam's saucer and hang out.



2 minutes after this she decided to get up on the side of the couch and she fell...hard. Poor girl had battle scars to prove it. Clark made me feel horrible even though he himself was about 2 feet away from it too...stinky hubs.



I told you that you should get use to Aubrey's "Lion face". She just can't help herself.

Then for lunch we HAD to get Bojangle's. Why you might ask? Because Clark wanted to be able to say he ate at BOJANGLES.

Devin was very surprised Caroline would even go get it. She always tells him she won't but to make Clark happy and to not give the boys the reaction they wanted she went. Clark even got proof of her by it on his phone. haha. Good times.



Honestly I think we would take our KFC over this stuff. After Devin was "done working" we went to the firework store and he went crazy. Brookie got to pick out some sparklers.

She was so excited for Boom Booms in the Sky!! That's all she would talk about before we got to NC. She was ready for a show. We let her do a sparkler that night and Devin gave us a sampler to show us what was in store for our firework show"

This was just as much a vacation for Brooklyn as it was for Clark and I! It is so fun to have her enjoy her time with not only our family of 4 but making memories with her Uncle, Aunt, and cousins. I have a great family and Brooklyn got to experience that which warms my heart.

Day 5...Atlanta Georgia here we come!

3 comments:

Trent & Lindz said...

K, their dogs are adirable! I just wanna snuggle up to them. I looks and sounds like an awesome vacation! We need one like this!

The Binghams said...

Looks like so much fun. I love Aubs faces! Yay my blanket made it all the way to NC!! haha

The Binghams said...

Haha that so funny I missed that part. Yes I would be freaking out. Thanks for thinking of me while on your vacation! :)