So it all started Sunday morning at 5 am when we checked into the hospital for the induction. My nurse walked in and I said "Scurr???" she said "Kelsey Farmer?!" It was Kasey Scurr who had a younger sister my age that I grew up with and she also took piano lessons from my mom {who didn't right?!} It was so funny to have her as my nurse, although it was only for an hour or so. She told me I looked too good for coming in to have a kid, I told her that's what is nice about being induced, you can plan it that way! I wanted to look better then I did with Brookie and hoping that it didn't take 22 hours.
By 6:15 they had me hooked up to antibiotics and pitocin so we could get rollin.
When I checked in I was at a 2.5 which was what I was at at my last appointment the previous Tuesday. While Clark, Julie and I waited we watched TV. Nothing really happened, by 11 my nurse said she would call Dr. Beck to have him come in to break my water. Well, we just waited, and waited, and waited. He didn't call back or come in so by 12:25 I was feeling more contractions and knew I was going to get an epidural so told Debra, my awesome labor nurse, to send Larry in. {Larry was the Magic Man, you know the one who gives you the epidural} Both Julie and Clark left the room during it, Clark almost passed out last time when I got it for Brooklyn's labor so we didn't want that to happen again. Right after the epidural Debra checked me and I was at a 4.
We were still waiting for Dr. Beck. He finally came in at 1:35 and broke my water at which point I was still at a 4. I took a little kitty nap until 2:45 when Debra checked me again I was then at a 5. At this point we were guessing another 3 more hours till Aubrey would come because of how slow everything seemed to be going. I was getting very nauseous right at the beginning of each contraction and felt sick. Ugh, it was the worst feeling. {Side note: Another weird feeling was not feeling my legs but feeling them from the outside when I touched them, it felt like I was rubbing a hot dog. I know I am weird but seriously I couldn't get over that feeling.}
At 3:15 I told her I felt some pressure at which point she checked me again. I had progressed to a 7 in 30 minutes. That got us all excited! We were ready to get going with everything. Then at 3:40 I told Debra I really felt some pressure and low and behold I was at a 9.5 and ready to go. They called Dr. Beck which when he got there his hair was ratted in the back. I said "get a nap in?" he said he was watching golf. Clark takes over the conversation and the men talk about who is ahead in the PGA Championships, I guess it's a good thing when your doctor and husband can spend time casually talking while you get ready to push out a baby! While Dr. Beck got his booties and gloves on Debra had me do 2 pushes to see how much we had to do. She stopped me, Dr. Beck got in ready position and 3 pushes later she came! While I was doing a push Clark says "She's not a ginger, she has dark hair" I was worried Aubrey would be complete opposite of Brooklyn, not that there is anything wrong with that...oh whatever, for those of you who know me know why he would say this!
From the moment they laid her on me I was in love! I was a little worried it would be different with her than Brooklyn and it was but in a good way. Aubrey completed our family, we really feel like a family now. This birthing experience was so much nicer the 2nd time around, and easier. I just wished it didn't take Dr. Beck 7 hours before getting there to break my water, things could've gone a lot faster but what can you do?!
Recovery was harder with Aubrey, in the hospital I threw up several times and almost passed out due to the pain meds not agreeing with me. Once we got that fixed I have healed better and felt 10xs better. We came home on Tuesday morning and had a great day just the 4 of us.
We love our Aubrey and love what a sweet spirit she brings into our home. It still feels surreal with everything, I can't believe I had her just 3 days ago! She is such a good baby already and I have loved being her mother to care for her. My love for Brooklyn has grown more too, it's amazing how everything changes. Our home is filled with overflowing love for all of us and it is so touching, I am just soaking it all up.
By 6:15 they had me hooked up to antibiotics and pitocin so we could get rollin.
When I checked in I was at a 2.5 which was what I was at at my last appointment the previous Tuesday. While Clark, Julie and I waited we watched TV. Nothing really happened, by 11 my nurse said she would call Dr. Beck to have him come in to break my water. Well, we just waited, and waited, and waited. He didn't call back or come in so by 12:25 I was feeling more contractions and knew I was going to get an epidural so told Debra, my awesome labor nurse, to send Larry in. {Larry was the Magic Man, you know the one who gives you the epidural} Both Julie and Clark left the room during it, Clark almost passed out last time when I got it for Brooklyn's labor so we didn't want that to happen again. Right after the epidural Debra checked me and I was at a 4.
We were still waiting for Dr. Beck. He finally came in at 1:35 and broke my water at which point I was still at a 4. I took a little kitty nap until 2:45 when Debra checked me again I was then at a 5. At this point we were guessing another 3 more hours till Aubrey would come because of how slow everything seemed to be going. I was getting very nauseous right at the beginning of each contraction and felt sick. Ugh, it was the worst feeling. {Side note: Another weird feeling was not feeling my legs but feeling them from the outside when I touched them, it felt like I was rubbing a hot dog. I know I am weird but seriously I couldn't get over that feeling.}
At 3:15 I told her I felt some pressure at which point she checked me again. I had progressed to a 7 in 30 minutes. That got us all excited! We were ready to get going with everything. Then at 3:40 I told Debra I really felt some pressure and low and behold I was at a 9.5 and ready to go. They called Dr. Beck which when he got there his hair was ratted in the back. I said "get a nap in?" he said he was watching golf. Clark takes over the conversation and the men talk about who is ahead in the PGA Championships, I guess it's a good thing when your doctor and husband can spend time casually talking while you get ready to push out a baby! While Dr. Beck got his booties and gloves on Debra had me do 2 pushes to see how much we had to do. She stopped me, Dr. Beck got in ready position and 3 pushes later she came! While I was doing a push Clark says "She's not a ginger, she has dark hair" I was worried Aubrey would be complete opposite of Brooklyn, not that there is anything wrong with that...oh whatever, for those of you who know me know why he would say this!
From the moment they laid her on me I was in love! I was a little worried it would be different with her than Brooklyn and it was but in a good way. Aubrey completed our family, we really feel like a family now. This birthing experience was so much nicer the 2nd time around, and easier. I just wished it didn't take Dr. Beck 7 hours before getting there to break my water, things could've gone a lot faster but what can you do?!
Recovery was harder with Aubrey, in the hospital I threw up several times and almost passed out due to the pain meds not agreeing with me. Once we got that fixed I have healed better and felt 10xs better. We came home on Tuesday morning and had a great day just the 4 of us.
We love our Aubrey and love what a sweet spirit she brings into our home. It still feels surreal with everything, I can't believe I had her just 3 days ago! She is such a good baby already and I have loved being her mother to care for her. My love for Brooklyn has grown more too, it's amazing how everything changes. Our home is filled with overflowing love for all of us and it is so touching, I am just soaking it all up.
7 comments:
Sounds like a great delivery. Love all the sweet stuff you said at the end :) Kids are a wonderful thing
What a great story and you do look hot.
First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Second, You will have to explain the whole ginger thing to me...Maybe the dark hair.
Maybe there's hope for me the next time around having an easy one. I just need the epidural to keep working.
I enjoyed reading your update of the delivery.
She is a cutie!!!
Your story makes the last delivery seem like a walk in the park! Glad that everything was much easier this time around *except for the nausea part*.
Ok first off I love how you compared your legs to hotdogs. I totally know exactly what you mean, but I couldn't think of words to describe it to Austin! Second,sorry you had to wait FOREVER for your doctor, I didn't have to wait that long, but as soon as my water broke Tredd came in 4 1/2 hours. So things could have gone faster for me too. Also that sucks you vomited all over the place, that happened to me with Jhett. Glad you are home doing well & Brookie is doing great with Aubrey.
CONGRATULATIONS! She is adorable!
I'm so glad this experience was so much better the second time around for you! It sounds like she is a wonderful baby, so happy that things are going so well at home- lots of love to all 4 of you! Ü
Post a Comment