Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A cry of help

How does one prepare for having #2?!
I am completely stuck right now both physically and mentally to prepare for Aubrey to come in 7 weeks!! CRAZY

I am currently still working on her bedroom so nothing is finished. The dresser is torn apart getting repainted, the crib is in the same state as the dresser, her clothes are still in Brooklyn's closet packed away, and we are still no where near ready for this little girl to come! Besides the furniture at a stand still for the moment, so is finding fabric to do the bedding and curtains. I've stopped all bow making because let's be honest I am burnt out of that. I still have to decorate her room once I get everything else done, whenever that will be...

That's the physically not ready, mentally is about half ready. Wait, now it's about 25% ready. I am worried about how Brookie will handle it all. She is such a Momma's girl, not that I promote that in any way, she just is. How will she do when her sister comes and takes up most of my attention?! What kind of fits are we looking at because she has pretty good ones on her own right now! Then, how will I do?! Will I go crazy? Will the house be more of a wreck than it is right now with just 3 of us? Will I keep up with everything?

The questions go on and on, and I am hoping that in the next few weeks I will feel more ready for this girl to come to our home. Clark says he is ready but then again he isn't the one having to do everything once she gets here ;)
{love you honey but it's true}.

How do you prepare for #2?!


6 comments:

Trent & Lindz said...

I have no idea how to prepare for number two! But once you figure it out let me know caus I'm sure I'll be coming to you for help when we get ready for the next one. :) Kels I'd love to come help you in any way!! Please call me!

Anonymous said...

hey my friend! when we were expecting our Elli, towards the end when there was just SO much to do, I started making getting stuff ready a family affair. Every evening we would do something to help get ready for baby--cleaning baby bottles, setting up baby furniture, painting, deep cleaning, you name it! Caleb was a big help with the harder work, Preston got to watch and help so {hopefully} he was understanding something was going to change, and I had my days open to focus on Preston! Little by little it got done, and towards the end you just get to a point where you throw your hands up and say 'whatever, everything else can wait!'

As far as helping Brookie, I have no help to offer. Preston was so young that he was easy to transition. She's a big girl though-it'll be rough at first, but with a little time and patience she'll love being a big sister.

If you ever need anything, we're just a call and a short drive away!

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

I have NO clue. I am learning things from you. But what I do know is that I am a phone call away. If you need ANY thing at all!! It will all come together, I know it will!

Lindsay said...

All I can say is don't stress out, that makes everything worse. I know, its easier said than done, though!! Call Melissa to come over and help...then Brookie and Carson can play. I wish I was around, well not really cause the heat is not something I like....I know I know you have AC!!! Who cares!!!!

What are your colors for Aubrey...I know there is some blue involved, but what else. I can make something in these next few weeks while I'm waiting... curtains, a few blankets. Please let me know some colors or you will get something you don't like. By today would be good!!!!!!

Tyler and Kendyl said...

Does it help to know that Gus is almost 5 months old and he still has white walls and mis-matched furniture? He doesn't mind so much and neither will Aubrey. I say let everything go and just enjoy this last little bit with Brooklyn because it will never just be the three of you again. Babies live in onesies and pjs for the first few weeks so just grab a few of those out of storage and you'll be good to go. Sorry if I sound all preachy but reading this post stressed me out on your behalf LOL! Clark can help right now in getting things ready too.. make sure you aren't doing everything or you are going to put yourself into labor! :)

amber {and co.} said...

I know this is a stressful time for you right now, so ditto to Kendyl's comment!! Take care of yourself and enjoy this time with Brookie, Aubrey will just be happy to be loved and held by her mom all the time Ü I'm so so glad you were able to get more of the stuff you need, hopefully that takes some of the pressure off! As far as how to prepare mentally- I don't think you can 100% Ü It will be a big transition for all of you, but Brookie is happy and knows she is loved so I"m sure that after a while she'll adjust just fine. Can't wait for your sweet little girl to get here, wish I was there to help ya out!