Well hello world,
It's been a while. Sorry I haven't talked to you sooner, life has seemed to speed up the past 2-3 weeks which I am not sure how I feel about that. We are all doing good here, what can I fill you in about?! hmmm.....
Brooklyn is...well let's be honest, going through terrible 2s and I am handling it ok. About 2 weeks ago we went out to Maricopa for a BBQ with some friends, it was already a long day for us but didn't want to miss it. Brooklyn screamed and cried for about 25-30 minutes straight on our way out there. I had reached my breaking point, the 3 days prior she was a struggle for me and this put me over the top. I just bawled. And bawled. I had one of those "Am I a bad mother?" moments. I had lost patience with my daughter and didn't know what to do anymore. It was definitely the worst moment I have had as a mother and if there wasn't SO many good moments I am not sure how I would be right now. Well she calmed down and of course my hormones wouldn't switch so quickly as my 2 year old daughter's attitude had. I think it took me a full day to recover from that one.
Besides her having a bit more attitude lately and whining and fighting (nothing I can't handle though) she has been more fun than ever. How is that possible?! Well she is learning things so quickly now and everyday she is achieving something great. About a week ago she started noticing colors. At first everything was Blue, now she knows Blue, Pink, White, Yellow, Black, and Purple. We are working on the other colors but how great is that? I love it. She is also learning new words everyday and she is speaking clearer and clearer. These are the times when things are so good.
I love her so much but man...I think of Aubrey coming and the challenges that come with having newborns and then I think of Brooklyn and the challenges she brings...I think I am going to enjoy newborn challenges a little more than these terrible 2s. Ok enough about that, Brooklyn and I have been out and about a lot. We have recently jumped back into our love for the pool and our pool trips. Brooklyn is definitely a FISH!! She loves the water and can't get enough of it. I am soaking all this alone time up with her, we get our fill of bonding time. \
As for Clark, he is busy with work. Recently we have started working on our backyard, doing a little at a time so we now have curbing in for our grass area and this weekend he will be putting in the sprinkler system in. We are trying to get it done by Brooklyn's 2nd Birthday party so we shall see if that happens. (more on the b day party to come) What else? He is good. Golfing, playing PS3, Working out, and living life.
Now for me, I am doing good. I am in the happy and comfy phase where Aubrey is big enough to see her move and feel her but not too big where I am uncomfortable! It's perfect. I have slacked on cleaning again, having no motivation to get things done. I have finished the tree in her room though, that's a step right? Now I need to get working on the furniture. I hope to finish everything in the next month or so, wanting to get it done asap so I can just "enjoy" the summer. I have still been craving anything sweet which can be an issue. Help me! Other than that I am good.
Just thought I would catch you up on our lives and what's new. Hopefully I will take some pictures soon and get those up. Maybe I'll give you a sneak peak of Aubrey's room....We shall see. Till next time,
The 25 week along, owner of a terrible yet wonderful 2 year old,
Kelsey
2 comments:
@ are definitely a challenge but some how we still love them lol
Thanks for the update! Toddlerhood is definitely a challenge sometimes (for both the kid and the parent!) but at least we know it's worth it and doesn't last forever! Glad things are going well for your sweet little family, we can't wait to see you soon! Ü
Post a Comment