Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful Mothers out there!!

I have been blessed with amazing, great, wonderful motherly examples as well as my Mother, Grandmother, and Mother in law. I never truly understood what these women went through till I became a Mother myself and I am still learning and seeing what they went through. I know I have several more kids and years to go before I can truly understand what they have done, I take that back...I don't think I will ever fully know the sacrifices they made and the things they went through!

Having a 2 year old and one on the way I have only experienced a little of motherhood, but do I love it. Yes there are days that I want to escape the grip of a cranky, sassy, and tired 2 year old but there are just SO many good times that the blessings of motherhood are too abundant to ignore. I love being a Mom. I love teaching Brooklyn and I love what she teaches me!

I am thankful for a Mom, although not perfect {who really is?!}, gave her all for me. And STILL does!! It's the little things you over look as a child/teenager but as a mother myself I see now. I am grateful for a Mom who taught me many things but most of all to work hard and not give up! Thank you for all you do Mom, and all you have done for me.

I am thankful for a Mother in law who raised a righteous son who is a wonderful Father to Brooklyn. I am thankful for her mother, who raised her to be such a great woman. For all Mother's who have impacted my family. Everyone of the great women I know have had amazing mom's who raised them.

I hope one day I can be as good in this motherhood role as they were and are!

My Mother's Day was great! Sacrament meeting was a little rough, Brooklyn made my 2 flower corsage into a 1 flower corsage with her 2 year old fit but after it all I think she made it look better, really. Then when I went to get her from Nursery she had made me a craft, it made my heart melt. She then greeted me with a HUGE hug and a kiss and then another hug. She definitely knows how to make me feel loved!!

Those are her hand prints...how cute is that?!

The rest of the day was filled with love, food and more love. I am thankful for this role in my life and for a husband who supports me and for a beautiful daughter and another one on the way.

What can I say?...

Life is Beautiful!!

6 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Happy Mothers day to you too! :) My baby took out a few petals from my corsage from a tantrum too and you saw Julies around her neck, Our kids are so sweet lol Thats's why we love them :)

Skylar & Chanell said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!! Nothing is better than being a mother. I agree.....life is beautiful!!!

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

What a great tribute to your moms. How lucky we are to have our moms in our lives. What a cute little corsage! Glad your day was filled with happiness and love!

amber {and co.} said...

It really is ironic that you don't really understand your own mother's love for you until you are a mother yourself- becoming a mom really makes you appreciate a mother's love even more! Glad you had such a great Mother's Day, you're a great mom and Brooklyn are two lucky little girls to have you as their mother!

amber {and co.} said...

oops, I mean Brooklyn and Aubrey Ü

Mori Muir said...

Thank you so much, Kelsey. You are so kind and loving! Thank you for the BEAUTIFUL corsage, it meant so much to me! I love you. You are a GREAT mom!