I can't believe we have "12 more weeks" until Aubrey is coming! Time is certainly zooming by. As you have probably read I definitely have had some stress lately and it leads me into my weight gain...haha. Last appointment on May 20Th I gained 7 lbs so I am now at 194, I can't believe it!! I am still happy that I have only gained 18 lbs this whole pregnancy and I am still smaller with Aubrey than I was with Brooklyn, gotta look at the positives.
Dr. Beck said I was measuring big at my last appointment so I jokingly, and half seriously, said "Are you saying I am eating too much?!" he then replied "Your baby does get what you eat..." I honestly can't tell you if he was joking or not, but I assume he was answering the same way I had asked! He will do an ultrasound next appointment if I continue to measure big.
Last appointment I also had to take the glucose test, I literally chugged my orange drink in one take! Who knew your throat could burn from a non carbonated drink?! Usually it's the soda that does that but nope. I haven't heard back from them and they said "No news is good news" so even though I have gained a bit I am glad I don't have gestational diabetes. {knock on wood}
Other than that I am doing good. Still not too uncomfortable, I am starting to toss more at night but some nights I can't even tell I am prego. Aubrey is getting bigger so I do feel her more and it's starting to get a little tighter for her to move.
About 2 weeks ago I watched my little 2.5 month old niece Lexi over night while Ashley and Chad went to a resort for their anniversary. It went very well, Lexi was a piece of cake! Brooklyn loved it too.
Lexi got here at about 1 and went down at 2. Slept till 5:30.
Fed her and she was back down at about 7:45 pm.
She slept till 5:30 am, took 4 ounces of milk, went back to sleep until 9:30.
Took her to church at 10, she was awake for most of it but when we got home she went back down and slept until her parents came to get her!
Now tell me that wasn't easy?!? Brooklyn loved talking to her and here is a picture of them "hanging out". I put Lexi in the chair first and Brooklyn crawled up next to her. I put on her show, during it Lexi cooed and Brooklyn looked over at her, laughed, said "oh bad guy" and back to the screen. Like her and Lexi were talking. It was SO cute.

I am hoping Aubrey is like her cousin Lexi and will be a great sleeper! It was a nice practice round for us.
Other than that I am doing good. Enjoying my time with just Brookie as you can see. I've decided to hold off on potty training until after baby comes, I don't want the last few months with Brooklyn to be more stressful so we are just waiting. I want to be able to take her places and not have to worry about bathrooms, accidents, etc.
Now time to go play with Brookie
Dr. Beck said I was measuring big at my last appointment so I jokingly, and half seriously, said "Are you saying I am eating too much?!" he then replied "Your baby does get what you eat..." I honestly can't tell you if he was joking or not, but I assume he was answering the same way I had asked! He will do an ultrasound next appointment if I continue to measure big.
Last appointment I also had to take the glucose test, I literally chugged my orange drink in one take! Who knew your throat could burn from a non carbonated drink?! Usually it's the soda that does that but nope. I haven't heard back from them and they said "No news is good news" so even though I have gained a bit I am glad I don't have gestational diabetes. {knock on wood}
Other than that I am doing good. Still not too uncomfortable, I am starting to toss more at night but some nights I can't even tell I am prego. Aubrey is getting bigger so I do feel her more and it's starting to get a little tighter for her to move.
About 2 weeks ago I watched my little 2.5 month old niece Lexi over night while Ashley and Chad went to a resort for their anniversary. It went very well, Lexi was a piece of cake! Brooklyn loved it too.
Lexi got here at about 1 and went down at 2. Slept till 5:30.
Fed her and she was back down at about 7:45 pm.
She slept till 5:30 am, took 4 ounces of milk, went back to sleep until 9:30.
Took her to church at 10, she was awake for most of it but when we got home she went back down and slept until her parents came to get her!
Now tell me that wasn't easy?!? Brooklyn loved talking to her and here is a picture of them "hanging out". I put Lexi in the chair first and Brooklyn crawled up next to her. I put on her show, during it Lexi cooed and Brooklyn looked over at her, laughed, said "oh bad guy" and back to the screen. Like her and Lexi were talking. It was SO cute.
I am hoping Aubrey is like her cousin Lexi and will be a great sleeper! It was a nice practice round for us.
Other than that I am doing good. Enjoying my time with just Brookie as you can see. I've decided to hold off on potty training until after baby comes, I don't want the last few months with Brooklyn to be more stressful so we are just waiting. I want to be able to take her places and not have to worry about bathrooms, accidents, etc.
Now time to go play with Brookie
3 comments:
I'm so glad there is someone out there that I know that has more time than me...ha ha.
I'm not going to lie, I'm ready for 7weeks to pass. Not really ready for the pain that, that will bring but it won't last 9 months, right!!!
I'm so glad that everything worked out with the insurance. That is a huge stress, but you're living right cause the Lord was there to help.
I miss all of you. Allen and I want to come for a visit soon, in winter not summer :).
I wanted to tell you how cute you looked at church but got busy. Loved the shirt you were wearing too :)
Wahoo for 12 more weeks. It seems like I was there yesterday. And yet, it was almost 6 mos ago for me. Hope it passes quickly.
Post a Comment