About 3 weeks ago I was getting ready to go into the dentist for a cleaning, first one of the year. I was going to have my teeth cleaned by Jilene so I wanted to make sure my insurance was still good for it and what not. I called her office and gave the receptionist my id # and group #....Well....
Turns out they canceled it, not knowing why I called Aetna and spoke with a rep there.
To make a long story short this is what ended up happening. Since we moved out here to QC we never changed our address till Feb of this year, in order to get our W2 forms for our taxes. Once we did that, we were "no longer in the covered area" so they "sent us a letter" stating we were being canceled from Clark's insurance. What's ridiculous is Clark works for Aetna!! It shouldn't matter if we moved 5 miles more away, he should still be able to get coverage.
So...we had to file an appeal. Meanwhile we were getting my doctor office bills from my March and April visits which we had no idea we weren't covered then. So from Feb all 3 of us were uninsured...We were definitely blessed that nothing critical happened to us during those months. After finding all of this out I went into stress mode!
We CAN'T afford a baby uninsured.
Clark makes to much to get state assistance.
What do I do about the doctor appointments I had setup already?
Why didn't they inform us sooner?? Aubrey is coming in 3 months!!
What about the previous doctor visit bills?
After about a week and a half of stressing we finally heard back from Aetna and they approved the appeal and put all of us back on! Thank GOODNESS. The only downfall is now we have to back pay our premiums for those months, months we didn't know they weren't taking the money out.
After all was said and done this was definitely stress that was unwanted and definitely unneeded!!
Turns out they canceled it, not knowing why I called Aetna and spoke with a rep there.
To make a long story short this is what ended up happening. Since we moved out here to QC we never changed our address till Feb of this year, in order to get our W2 forms for our taxes. Once we did that, we were "no longer in the covered area" so they "sent us a letter" stating we were being canceled from Clark's insurance. What's ridiculous is Clark works for Aetna!! It shouldn't matter if we moved 5 miles more away, he should still be able to get coverage.
So...we had to file an appeal. Meanwhile we were getting my doctor office bills from my March and April visits which we had no idea we weren't covered then. So from Feb all 3 of us were uninsured...We were definitely blessed that nothing critical happened to us during those months. After finding all of this out I went into stress mode!
We CAN'T afford a baby uninsured.
Clark makes to much to get state assistance.
What do I do about the doctor appointments I had setup already?
Why didn't they inform us sooner?? Aubrey is coming in 3 months!!
What about the previous doctor visit bills?
After about a week and a half of stressing we finally heard back from Aetna and they approved the appeal and put all of us back on! Thank GOODNESS. The only downfall is now we have to back pay our premiums for those months, months we didn't know they weren't taking the money out.
After all was said and done this was definitely stress that was unwanted and definitely unneeded!!
2 comments:
Wow! I am so glad it all worked out. How stressful!
So glad that all worked out! Sorry you had to worry about it at all!
Post a Comment