Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Getting started

My younger sister Meagan came in town for her spring break and stayed with us, we loved it! It was great for Brooklyn to get to know her better and it was fun for me to have someone to hang out with, a sleepover every night!

We went to the pool {twice in one day}, went shopping, hung out, made her some bows, and she helped me get started on Aubrey's bedroom. That's right, I told you I couldn't wait to know what we were having so I could get the nursery going! I have this picture in my mind about how it's going to look so hopefully I can pull it off or at least close to it.

First step: paint the walls



Now this is one of many steps, that dresser is definitely another one! I'm going to sand it down, repaint it, and replace the handles for cute nobs. I've already started on the next project for it but I believe it's going to be a little while before I get that done because....

3 comments:

Rach said...

You gotta let me know where you found that dresser! I'm looking for some furniture for a few rooms in my house and I love fix er upper stuff! Plus I'm cheap so I need that stuff haha

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

So, I REALLY love the blue... I know you say it looks bright, but I LOVE it. It makes it look so ALIVE. Can't wait to see the rest of it!!

amber {and co.} said...

So glad you got in some quality sister time! Aubrey's room is definitely coming along, excited to see the final product- that dresser definitely has potential!