Tuesday, March 23, 2010

More Pink

Monday morning our family of 3 found out that we are having another daughter! Brooklyn and Clark were both there to see, Brooklyn loved seeing the baby on the monitor but was quickly ready to go after a minute like all 2 year olds! Sunday night I was tossing and turning all night and couldn't sleep and had a gut feeling it was going to be a girl.

We are excited for Brookie to have a sister and for them to grow up together. We were a little bummed, because we both were hoping for a boy, but we know everything happens for a reason and we don't love our little girl less for it! It would just be nice to get one of each so we know we will have one of each, ya know?!

We waited to tell Clark's family until that night at dinner, we had them open up a gift bag with clothes in it that would give the gender away. They were all thinking it was a boy too so it was a surprise! I couldn't help myself, I already bought an outfit, a dress, and a skirt for this girl.



We already have her named picked out, we actually have for about a month or so before we knew just like we have our boy name picked out. She will be Aubrey. We are still working on the middle name and might be for a while, nothing really seems to fit.

I am stumped on nursery ideas, I was so looking towards boy colors that I just didn't think about what I would want if it was a girl. {Even though I thought it was a girl from the beginning}. So if you guys have any ideas or suggestions I would love to hear it, I do want it to be something that she will be able to grow up in so we wouldn't need to redo it for a while.

This time when I went it I gained 4 lbs so that puts me at 182. What's sad is weighed that much last July by myself, so at 19 weeks I am pretty happy with how I've been doing. We still don't have 2 cars so I find myself walking everywhere which has been great! I walked to Walmart about 4 times last week, not including walks to the park or to friends' houses either. Brookie sure does love her walks too and if I don't get one in at least once a day she will remind me!

Well Aubrey is healthy, we are happy, and can't wait to meet her come mid August!


7 comments:

Cara Jones said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Samantha Phillips said...

I honestly thought this one was a boy- We were so shocked!! I am so excited for you! And to have another niece!!
We're both so happy for you guys!

p.s. I love the name Aubrey! It sounds so good: Brooklyn and Aubrey! Yay! I'm so excited for you!!

Jenny said...

CONGRATULATIONS Kelsey and family!!!!

*Katie May* said...

LOVE the name! Brooklyn and Aubrey PERFECT fit! As for your weight that's how much I weigh right now by myself :S Not too happy about it and also am not doing anything about it (I am a bum what can I say):)So you are doing awesome weight wise and you are look great and so cute up there doing singing time. It is fun to see that baby grow bigger each week. Oh and I love LOVE the outfits you picked out. I swear when me and Brendan have our next kid if it not a girl I will die! I am so ready for cute little baby girl stuff! (Kiley will die too) Watch this: http://bkcluff.blogspot.com/2008/07/heartbroken_8279.html It is when she found out about our last boy. Sad but funny now. Sorry such a long comment :)

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

YIPEE! I am so stoked that it is a little girl! Maybe because I have a boy that I am excited for you to do all the girlie things!! Aubrey is going to be so loved at your house. Brooklyn is going to be the best big sister! Also, congrats on the walking everywhere. Sounds silly, but it is good for you guys to get out sometimes!

amber {and co.} said...

Yay for pink- we're so excited to have a new little niece!! You and Clark are definitely fulfilling the girl quota for the Phillips family Ü Aubrey is such a cute name, you could always make her middle name Amber after her favorite Aunt ;) We love her already!

Tyler and Kendyl said...

Congrats on another girl!! How exciting! Maybe your next two will both be boys LOL!! yep, I just decided you need to have at least two more :)

Miss you on FB but I'm glad you're still blogging :)