So today, yes it took me a few days to finally push myself to get it done, I decided it WAS time to get reading the scriptures and to get the most out of it. I didn’t know where to start. I read the first chapter in Nephi and would go from there. I had a rough morning, it seems like we can never catch a brake lately with our finances. Well, I read my scriptures and my day ended up pretty good. A sister from my ward brought over a warm cherry pie and ice cream and it made my day. I later wrote her an email I’d like to share:
Can I just tell you how thankful I am for you?! Not only did you bring me yummy pie and ice cream but you've strengthened my testimony SO much more! Today I sat down and read my scriptures, something that I have neglected to do for a while and I didn't know what I was suppose to get out of them. I then turned to conference talks given this past October and read President Monson’s talk on serving others. I thought I would do one good thing for someone today and I called my grandmother to help cheer her up. I then began to ponder when or where someone has thought of me and when I knew I was being watched over by my Heavenly Father. Today was a rough day for me, and sure enough he sent someone to let me know he is aware of me and does have others waiting to help! Thank you so much for following the spirit and for being such a great example to me of service!! You truly are inspirational!
Thanks for building my testimony,
Kelsey Phillips
I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who does know of my struggles, weaknesses, and who is aware of my every need. Today strengthened my testimony, and because of someone else listening to the spirit I was reminded of how we do have someone watching out over us.
“I am confident it is the intention of each member of the Church to serve and to help those in need. At baptism we covenanted to “bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light.”8 How many times has your heart been touched as you have witnessed the need of another? How often have you intended to be the one to help? And yet how often has day-to-day living interfered and you’ve left it for others to help, feeling that “oh, surely someone will take care of that need.”
We become so caught up in the business of our lives. Were we to step back, however, and take a good look at what we’re doing, we may find that we have immersed ourselves in the “thick of thin things.” In other words, too often we spend most of our time taking care of the things which do not really matter much at all in the grand scheme of things, neglecting those more important causes.” President Monson
I hope I can take what President Monson has said and what this sweet Sister has shown to me and apply it into my daily life! May we all find joy in serving others and realize even if it is something small {like a pie} it still can make a HUGE difference!
4 comments:
What a sweet post. Seriously crying right now. I am so happy that you were able to feel of God's love for you. You are special, and I love you!!
We need to talk, grandma was deeply touched by the phone call. Thanks for being a great daughter and trying to do what is right! I love you!
What a wonderful post! Thank you for sharing it with us. I am sad I missed that class. I have been wanting to do better at reading my scriptures, you have inspired me to do better, THANKS!
Good for you Kels, I'm so glad you got to go to the conference and got so much out of it! It's nice to get those reminders of how important it is to put the things first in our lives that really matter. I'm also so happy that you have friends who follow promptings; you do a lot for others and I'm glad you're being taken care of in return! Ü
Post a Comment