Thursday, January 28, 2010

I {Heart} Primary

The past two weeks in Primary have been pretty eventful.

2 weeks ago in Sr. Primary I had a great week teaching the kids their new song "I Know That My Savior Loves Me"
We were learning the chorus: I know He lives, I will follow faithfully. I took a minute to ask "Who has touched Jesus? raise your hand" not one child did. I then asked "But who KNOWS that He lives?" Everyone raised their hands. The spirit was so strong and I know the kids felt it too! We then talked about how we show others we believe He lives: be kind, go to church, love others, etc. It was one of the best teaching weeks I have ever had in this calling!
The spirit was so strong and Julie Van Cott ended it perfectly too by asking who had felt the Spirit today, the kids all raised their hands. She encourage them to always be able to feel the Spirit and to go home and write down how they felt today so they can remember! So that's what I am doing. Those children are so precious and I know that Jesus loves each and everyone of them, I am so lucky to be teaching his children that concept.

This past Sunday in Jr. Primary {aka battlefield, don't worry it's only Jan...} Julie's little boy Issac fell asleep through the whole sharing time and singing time! It was the greatest!!Who said only old men sleep during church?
He was out cold, I tried not to laugh while teaching the song. {He's a Sunbeam and sits in the front row} As you can see kids are even leaving to go to their classes and he was still out. I had to get a picture of it! Thanks Julie for letting me use this on my blog!

Another funny story was in Sr. Primary Julie was doing Sharing time and she asked the kids "Are we all Heavenly Father's children?" Someone yelled no. In reply to that no Rylee Eaves stated, "That's the strangest thing I have ever heard, yes we all are.." it was so cute!

Each Sunday doesn't go by without a good laugh in Primary, usually it's by what some of them say! I am so thankful for my calling and for the joy it brings into my life!!

6 comments:

Kilie Rainey said...

looks like fun:) ... i havent visited your blog in forever! its soo cute!! well you should add Hkfarnsworth@gmail.com to this one.. instead of my old one! that way i dont have to log into a different account everytime i want to view it!! we miss you guys! hope your doing good!

*Katie May* said...

We've had some good Sundays :) That WAS funny with Isaac

amber {and co.} said...

Awww Kels I love this story! It's amazing how strongly kids can bring the spirit, Primary is a great calling! You do such a great job teaching those kids Ü

Rach said...

You make me miss doing music in primary! I agree with you irbid amazing to teach the kids especially music which brings the spirit so strong!

Amy said...

So cute! If I ever have this calling I am so calling you and Ashley for tips & ideas!! Isaac is such a cutie!

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

That is so cute! I am surprised that little boy fell asleep in the HARDEST chair! How lucky you are that you get to see these amazing spirits every week.