Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Can't stay mad

I know I seem to do updates on Brooklyn all the time but really I want to make sure we remember everything about her while she's so little and I want her to be able to have something to read when she gets older so here are a few stats from her 18 month checkup...

She was actually 19 months when we got in to see the doctor:
weight 25.4 lbs {58%}
height 34 in {92%}
head circumference 19 in {86%}

Oh where to start with this girl?! Well, first of all Brooklyn has been really clingy to mommy and of course I don't like it most of the time {I already have a little someone in my bubble, I can't take much more...} she is always needing to be either right next to me or on top of me! She has to be in my face and when she sees me starting to get frustrated she throws in a kiss and hugs so I can't stay mad very long! I know it bugs me but I need to remember that she might and probably won't be like this when she gets older so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Brooklyn is starting to throw some good fits, everyone who was in church on Sunday is probably shaking their heads and laughing, but it's been getting worse lately. I need some advice on how to deal with it?! I don't want to be in the hallway at church, I want to enjoy the talks and feel the spirit! Am I just expecting too much out of a almost 20 month old?! Fill me in please...

This girl does the cutest things like every night we walk to her bedroom to get her ready for bed when I say "lets say prayers" right away Brooklyn yells {I mean yellS} "daddddddddyyyyyy".
And she will continue to do so until he has joined us in her bedroom! We love it cause she won't do it if mommy is missing just for Daddy.

She is already giving her little bro/sis kisses, I can't wait to see how great of a job she will be as a big sister!

She is learning everyday and we sometimes can't keep up with her but we sure do love trying. She brings so much joy and love into our family that we can't imagine life without her!




3 comments:

Mori Muir said...

Don't allow fits, its cute when they are little but as they get older they get worse. I would try and distract her, reward her if she is good in church and doesn't have to go out (use whatever she loves!) I would try everything positive first and see if you can't change her behavior. Practice church at home so she gets use to sitting, then reward her! She will learn quickly.

Caroline said...

My friend was telling me that it didn't take long before her kids threw fits on purpose cause it was more fun being out in the hallway. So if she does have to take them out they sit in her lap in a big bear hug (so they can't move) until they calm down. Then they go back inside. They quickly learned that it was not fun to go out into the hallway. These kids are probably the best behaved children I know! Good luck!

amber {and co.} said...

Awww, we love little Miss Brookie Broo! She's growing up so fast and such a cutie! I didn't realize she was so tall for her age, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised Ü
As far as church goes, Chandler does pretty well because we bring LOTS and LOTS of books, snacks, his magnadoodle, anything to keep him sitting and quiet and it works most of the time! I also got him a "quiet book" that is just for church so it's a treat for him to play with it; it has pictures of Jesus and church related activities to do (putting animals in the arc, etc). And ditto to Caroline's comment, if he does throw a fit we take him out in the hall and or out to the car and hold him until he stops screaming, we learned that if we let him down to run around in the halls that he would throw a bigger fit when we tried to take him back into the chapel. And he caught on pretty quickly that being in the hall was like "time out" and no fun Ü Good luck, it's rough trying to keep a one year old still for an hour, thank goodness for nursery now, right?? ;) Love you guys!