Friday, January 15, 2010

Already loved

Yesterday I had my first doctor's appointment for baby #2. It still doesn't seem real that we are adding another one to our family, but after seeing him/her yesterday it brought everything to life! The Baby is healthy and measuring at 9.5 weeks which was a little ahead of schedule so when he {Dr. beck} saw that he pushed my due date up a few days, but I'm trying to not get my hopes up. Brooklyn was 5 days past my due date and that was being induced so I think I'll stick with my original DD.

One of the wife's tales says if the heart rate is high its a girl and if it's low it's a boy...I asked about the heart rate and he said it was at 163...so I was like sarcastically "so are you telling me it's a girl?" He said at this time they all start out as girls and shortly if it's suppose to it will grow something. Dr. Beck does have a sense of humor you just gotta say the right things for it to come out.

I was really disappointed in myself the other day, I have been struggling to remember when everything happened with me when I was pregnant with Brooklyn like when I started showing, how much weight I gained, etc...It amazes me how quickly I have forgotten all of it so I turned to my old blog to see if I wrote anything down and I couldn't find one single thing during the process on how it went! I cannot believe I didn't keep a better record. I checked my pregnancy journal and I hadn't written anything either!! So with this pregnancy I plan on being better {so since I am saying this you are my witness}.

So starting out with my weight, I cannot believe I am putting this on here but I am. I really wanted to know what I weighed before this pregnancy but we don't own a scale and the last time I got my weight checked was when I went in to see the doctor in July, ha. I weighed 182 then and when they weighed me yesterday I was 177. {please remember I am 5'10" and we all can't be stick figures!} I'm really planning on eating better with this pregnancy. I don't feel like I've gained any or lost any weight with this kid so far, being sick has made it pretty even.

"Morning" sickness, oh the joy! haha...not. I usually have about 3-4 days a week that I lose it and about 6-7 that are just non stop nausea all day but I feel so blessed because it could be worse!! But that doesn't mean I can't miss my pregnancy I had with Brooklyn...

Speaking of that girl she is so sweet already! I know she doesn't fully understand the whole concept of a baby in my tummy but she already gives her younger sibling kisses, it's the sweetest thing ever. You can probably guess that #2 is already loved!

Already on the fridge!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you go girl! isn't it funny how you forget everything with each pregnancy. I was like you, I had written SOME stuff down, but not nearly enough! Just wait until you have him/her and you want to know developmental stuff-it gets worse!

*Katie May* said...

Way to journal it :) We weigh around the same. Good to know I am not the only one who is tall as can be abd feels like I weigh a lot even though lots of it is from height:) I know I have lots of left over baby fat too that someday I hope to get rid of :)

Tyler and Kendyl said...

I wish I had written down more too! Way to be!! I can't wait to find out what you're having!

amber {and co.} said...

Yay for baby #2! It really amazing how quickly you forget a lot of the details that you swore you would never forget; I'm sure you'll be glad that you're writing more of it down this time around! We're glad that he/she is healthy and is already loved by our family too! Hope you start feeling better soon, morning sickness is definitely no fun! Love you!

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

You are better than I… I seriously don't remember anything about my pregnancy… other than being sick EVERY day!! Good job on the journal. I think it is super cute that the baby pic. made it onto the fridge!!

Jen Johnson said...

Hang in there! It is exciting and kinda scary to add to the family a whole new child, but I wouldn't trade mine for the world or what I went through in each pregnancy!
Jen