We are expecting August 17Th!!
{Most of you already know but this is for journal purposes}
I found out I was pregnant beginning of December, yes we were trying, and was both excited and nervous. I was having all the symptoms but for some reason thought I was creating all the symptoms on my own because I wanted it to happen. After taking a pregnancy test it was confirmed I wasn't doing it on my own.
This time around instead of telling everyone the news a day after a positive test we decided to hold off. Although Clark the next day couldn't resist telling his coworkers..."Who are they gonna tell?"... We knew how we were going to tell his family but not sure if we were going to do something special for mine.
For Clark's family we decided to buy a shirt for Brooklyn...
We had her wear it and walked in like no big deal, we wanted to see how long it would take before someone noticed.
Clark and I took bets on who would notice first. We came to the conclusion that it would either be Amber, Julie, or Sammy but it ended up being Lizzie. I guess it wasn't fair though because both Amber and Sammy were not in the room when we got there. Lizzie was like, "Are you trying to say something?" and we said "Shhhh we wanna see how long it will take others to notice." Of course everyone shortly saw it. It was fun and Brooklyn enjoyed sharing the news ;)
I feel like I missed some of it because we arrived when I was on the conference call with Elder Farmer....
Speaking of which, that's how we ended up telling my family. We were in the car on our way up to Clark's parents when we were listening/talking with Darrik. I wasn't planning on telling my family yet but Clark said that now would be the perfect timing, having everyone there to tell. So we decided to do it last minute.
Darrik spoke with us individually and said if we had any questions for him to ask them then. So after chit chatting and catching up on our lives I told him I had a question for him. I asked, "How do you feel about being an uncle again in August?" and instantly there was screaming {I believe it was mostly from my mother, who else right?!} but it was fun nevertheless.
Some thought I was joking but I cleared that up quick. The phone then cut out...so we had to call back in and everyone told us congrats and were happy we didn't text or email our news but Brenon still wanted his personal call ;) so I gladly called him a day or two later! haha. Gotta love the family. I asked more questions to Darrik and really enjoyed talking with him and listening to him talk to others.
Now about this baby... this pregnancy is night and day from Brooklyn's!!
With Brooklyn I never got sick and had it made, with this little one I've be nauseous and have thrown up more than I'd like to. I'm hoping it won't last long, like every pregnant lady, but it has given me more respect and sympathy for those who have it equally or worse than me! The house is being put off on cleaning while I battle the nausea and running to the bathroom, props to all you mothers who have more than 1 kid and do it!
I have already gone through some cravings like Spicy Nacho Doritos and currently it's salads. During the Holidays I could resist the goodies and in fact pretty much stayed away from them...I'm hoping I can keep this up, only means less weight gain for me but not counting on it.
Our Family has received much love and support as we've shared our news with others and for that we are grateful; Tears have been shed, hugs have been given, and congratulations are abundant. We are excited to add another one to our family and happy to share this time in our lives with the ones we love!
Here's to a great 2010!!
{Most of you already know but this is for journal purposes}
I found out I was pregnant beginning of December, yes we were trying, and was both excited and nervous. I was having all the symptoms but for some reason thought I was creating all the symptoms on my own because I wanted it to happen. After taking a pregnancy test it was confirmed I wasn't doing it on my own.
This time around instead of telling everyone the news a day after a positive test we decided to hold off. Although Clark the next day couldn't resist telling his coworkers..."Who are they gonna tell?"... We knew how we were going to tell his family but not sure if we were going to do something special for mine.
For Clark's family we decided to buy a shirt for Brooklyn...
We had her wear it and walked in like no big deal, we wanted to see how long it would take before someone noticed.Clark and I took bets on who would notice first. We came to the conclusion that it would either be Amber, Julie, or Sammy but it ended up being Lizzie. I guess it wasn't fair though because both Amber and Sammy were not in the room when we got there. Lizzie was like, "Are you trying to say something?" and we said "Shhhh we wanna see how long it will take others to notice." Of course everyone shortly saw it. It was fun and Brooklyn enjoyed sharing the news ;)
I feel like I missed some of it because we arrived when I was on the conference call with Elder Farmer....
Speaking of which, that's how we ended up telling my family. We were in the car on our way up to Clark's parents when we were listening/talking with Darrik. I wasn't planning on telling my family yet but Clark said that now would be the perfect timing, having everyone there to tell. So we decided to do it last minute.
Darrik spoke with us individually and said if we had any questions for him to ask them then. So after chit chatting and catching up on our lives I told him I had a question for him. I asked, "How do you feel about being an uncle again in August?" and instantly there was screaming {I believe it was mostly from my mother, who else right?!} but it was fun nevertheless.
Some thought I was joking but I cleared that up quick. The phone then cut out...so we had to call back in and everyone told us congrats and were happy we didn't text or email our news but Brenon still wanted his personal call ;) so I gladly called him a day or two later! haha. Gotta love the family. I asked more questions to Darrik and really enjoyed talking with him and listening to him talk to others.
Now about this baby... this pregnancy is night and day from Brooklyn's!!
With Brooklyn I never got sick and had it made, with this little one I've be nauseous and have thrown up more than I'd like to. I'm hoping it won't last long, like every pregnant lady, but it has given me more respect and sympathy for those who have it equally or worse than me! The house is being put off on cleaning while I battle the nausea and running to the bathroom, props to all you mothers who have more than 1 kid and do it!
I have already gone through some cravings like Spicy Nacho Doritos and currently it's salads. During the Holidays I could resist the goodies and in fact pretty much stayed away from them...I'm hoping I can keep this up, only means less weight gain for me but not counting on it.
Our Family has received much love and support as we've shared our news with others and for that we are grateful; Tears have been shed, hugs have been given, and congratulations are abundant. We are excited to add another one to our family and happy to share this time in our lives with the ones we love!
Here's to a great 2010!!
10 comments:
I'll be the first to post a congrats! :) Now I can blab all I want about it right? :)
--Julie
That's so exciting!!! I hope its a little boy :) Congrats you two!!
yeah! congrats. werent we just talking about this after the funeral in your car? i hope u feel better soon.
So exciting!!! Can't wait to meet this little cutie :) Let me know if I can do anything to help you! Morning sickness is still fresh in my mind so I remember what you're going through!
Congrats! August birthdays are the best!
Yay for baby #2!!! We are so excited for you guys! I'm sorry you're so sick, here's hoping it only lasts the first trimester! I still think that if I had been in the room I would have been the first to notice, we should do a do-over Ü Love you guys and excited to see what else 2010 has in store for you!
So I know that I already Congratulated you on FB. But after reading you post I just got that much more excited for you!! What a cute way to tell the fam. Brookie is so cute and will be such a great big sister.
Congrats on the new arrival--soon to be! I was very sick with all my kids so not sure if we are having anymore at the moment. But it is worth once they are here!
Jen
CONGRATULATIONS!! What an exciting time...Sorry that you are sick :-( it totally sucks... Good luck with the next few weeks!!!
I am so excited for you. That was such a great way to tell the Farmer side, seriously, I LOVED it!! I am sorry that you have been sick, it is awful, and it is NOT fun. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!! Congrats! Can't wait to see this baby in August!
Post a Comment