Saturday, October 3, 2009

Library time

On September 14Th we started the Library Children's reading for 6-18 month old kids, when I say we of course I mean Jessica and I and the girls. I am so glad we did because it's almost like Gymboree but it's FREE and closer!!


We all sit in a circle, sing little nursery songs and wiggle songs, listen as the lady reads a book or two, play with the round tarp {I forget the name of it}, get to play in bubbles and then at the end play with each other.


The first week was a tough one, Brooklyn and I spent most of the time outside. It is during her nap time so she wasn't too happy but I've put her down earlier and it's easier for the both of us. I do have to let Brooklyn walk around because she doesn't do so great in my lap but I'm ok with that, as long as she isn't disturbing others. Kambry always has a straight face in there but you know she is enjoying herself! She sits perfectly in Jessica's lap and will do the actions {Can you tell I am a little jealous?!}


It continues for 2 more months and we are really enjoying it, it gives us a chance to get out and enjoy interacting with other kids, they do have a toddler class for 18-36 month old kids so I will definitely be looking into getting in that class.


Brooklyn finding a book to read and Kambry just watching


Don't let this game face fool you, she really enjoys it in there...

{Or at least I think she does..right?}




Brooklyn enjoying the blocks to play with






The Instructor giving bubbles, they love those...






3 comments:

Samantha Phillips said...

at the Queen Creek public Library? We saw that and thought about joining for Aiden and Logan's age groups.

amber {and co.} said...

How fun! I'm glad Brookie had more fun the second time around, and that's great you have a friend to go with! I'll have to check to see if our library does something like that, it would be nice to have a fun alternative so we didn't have to pay for Gymboree! Ü

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

Dang, why don't we have something fun like that up here? Well, maybe we do and I have NO idea about it. That looks like so much fun. However, I don't think Carson would sit still for even 1 second, and I also am TOTALLY jealous...