Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cake Class

The beginning of September me and 2 fun ladies in my ward signed up for a cake decorating class at Michael's, we were and are excited to get better at our butter cream frosting decorating skills. We've had 2 classes already and have 2 more to go. We are learning how to make flowers and how to use the tips to create many different designs. Here are a few pictures from our last class. It makes it so much more fun to have ladies I know in there with me!!

Jilene's cake

My cake which Lisa helped do the flowers with, my patter wouldn't stay on my cake and since she is such a talented gal she hand did them for me!

Lisa and her Cake, can you say b-e-a-utiful!!


Jilene in action!
My goal is to pass the first to classes so I can move on to the fondant classes because really that's what I wanna do. {But you have to take the first 2 to move on}











5 comments:

JeniRae said...

You are so beautiful! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I love 'em. Your cakes look great! It's so wonderful to have good friends to share in lifes pleasures and dreams. I've been thinking a lot lately about how blessed we are to have such special women in our ward. Yes, that includes YOU!

Trent & Lindz said...

You are getting so good at that! What a fun hobby. If I ever need a cake I know who to come to :)

The Richins Family said...

oh fun. i didn't know that you signed up for the cake classes with these two fun girls.

amber {and co.} said...

The class sounds awesome, I totally wish I could be there to take it with you!! I can't wait to see what else you do, keep the pictures comin'!

Jen Johnson said...

How fun! I have taken two classes, but have been out of the caking decorating business for awhile. But you, the other girls and Cherise are sorta inspiring me to start up again, maybe!:)