Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Sammy!!

For Sammy's birthday I made her a fondant cake. It was the 2ND time working with fondant but first time baking the whole cake {made German chocolate so including the frosting, butter cream frosting, and icing!!} It was a big cake but I figured with all of us together both Dan's family and Sammy's we could do it.


Love the colors, they were her favorite...

The bottom tier, love the sugar pearls and the quilting work...


I'm not too happy with how the top of the cake turned out {the S and 22} but practice makes perfect right?! But the real test came down to the taste....




I think it's safe to say it was Delish!!

Happy Birthday Sammy!!
Hope you enjoyed your cake and your day as well!

6 comments:

Tyler and Kendyl said...

You sure are talented!! Anytime you want to make me a cake feel free :)

Trent & Lindz said...

You're getting so good at that! It's super cute.

amber {and co.} said...

It turned out great Kels, I love it! Sammy is lucky to have such a sweet, thoughtful sister in law! :)

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

Beautiful! Just beautiful! If that were my cake I would be almost afraid to eat it, too pretty!! What a great talent you have! What a thoughtful thing for you to do for Sammy!

Samantha Phillips said...

How lucky am I?! First of all It was so delish!!! But most of all, It was so beautiful! Thank you so much, Kels, for such a thoughtful, beautiful birthday present!.....hopefully you'll think the same about yours! jk!! Love ya, Sista!

Jen Johnson said...

Well, what a cake! You are so creative and it looked good too!
Jen