Sunday, August 30, 2009

Girls Trip 2009

On August 18Th Ashley and I headed out to CT to be with our younger sister and mom for a week. We spent that Tuesday pretty much traveling due to the 3 hour difference.



Wednesday we headed out to Newport, Rhode Island for it's great beach and a great atmosphere! The beach was beautiful and there was estimates, I mean MASSIVE, houses that surround the shore which is gorgeous!! Unfortunately we weren't able to fully see the houses due to fog that came in. Of course for my birthday I wanted some ice cream...It was a nice birthday spent at the beach, Panera Bread for dinner, and ice cream to top it off!





Croissants for my birthday...this is my "It's my Burfday" face



These next 2 I took: was having fun with my sister's camera!!





Thursday we took a ferry out to Block Island which is an hour or so boat ride. I did not do well, there was so much fog you couldn't see 15 feet out into the water. I got sick but luckily I did not let anything come up. When we got there the first thing we did was get mopeds and rode around the island for 2 hours...SOOOOO much fun!! I was so giddy and LOVED it! We would make our moped hand signs to others, you know like the motorcyclist do, or get close to a runner and act like I was going to slap their butts, oh good times...We then had dinner and made our journey back to the main land and drove back to CT.





Friday we spent the whole day in our PJS and watched our ultimate chick flick North & South. Then for dinner we went out to Olive Garden. It was a nice chill day.


Saturday we woke up to find out Mom was sick so us 3 girls had to head into the BIG Apple by ourselves.



We bought our tickets to Mary Poppins and then went to lunch. Clark said we HAD to go to Katz deli for their pastrami sandwich so we took a taxi and went there. It was SO good!! Like Butta...mmmm....Isn't your mouth watering?!



Then we went to Mary Poppins which was really good, I loved the 2ND half better than the first. Afterwards we went to Conways to shop, it has great stuff for great prices! By the time we were done it was time to head back home. :( my sad face, next time we will need to spend more time in NYC.

Sunday we went to church and helped my mom with Primary. Us three girls {my mom, my older sister and me} are all the Primary Choristers for our wards!! We did Primary Idol and had a great time, then at the end me and my mom had a Opera off and it was a tie. The Srs voted for me and the Jrs voted for her so next time she comes to visit my ward will have to break the tie! We then sang in sacrament meeting, us sisters and my mom played the piano. It was really nice to be able to sing together...

Thank you Mother and Brad for everything you did for us while we were there!! It was such a fun time and you couldn't have been any nicer to us. Love you, and love you sisters!











3 comments:

Samantha Phillips said...

Sounds like you had A TON of fun; totally jealous! We "Phillips" girls need to take a New York trip together!!....Kelsey can be the tour guide!

Mori Muir said...

Our girls time is very special to me! Thanks for all the fun memories! Love you!

amber {and co.} said...

Whoo hoo, glad you had such a fabulous trip! Mopeds are the best, giddiness is inevitable :) What a great way to spend your birthday! And I love all the pics :)