Thursday, July 2, 2009

Back to life...

It's been a crazy past week or so, Do I say that enough or what?! Last weekend we helped Dan and Sam move into their new home out here in Queen Creek, I hadn't planned on it due to no babysitters so I wore sweatpants there, that was a mistake!! Nana ended up watching all the kiddies because they needed all the help they could get. It wasn't too bad, it was from 9-2 or so. Afterwards we had dinner at Bob's and Julie's and then headed home to just relax!

Sunday was a crazy day in itself! After Brooklyn took a nap after church, we needed to get out of the house so we drove to Trent and Lindsay's. Brooklyn and I had bought their baby, Lucas, who is due the end of November an outfit. After Clark heard that he went and bought him one too, so we dropped by to give them his 2 sleeper outfits we got. On our way home the car overheated so we had to stop and go inside a fast food restaurant while the car cooled down. When we got back inside we drove home with the windows rolled down and no AC on, Brooklyn was in the back and it was horrible!! For 40 minutes we watched as her face got more red and she got more irritable, we felt like such awful parents but knew we were doing the best we could. As soon as we got home I got her inside and gave her a cold bath, within a few minutes her color came down and she was much happier! The next problem was trying to get the vehicle fixed. That night Jill helped me take the car to our repair guy and we switched our truck with Bob's. He had to take it in to get the tire fixed as well.

Monday I became sick. It wasn't too bad but I was still able to get somethings done. The car cost was estimated and we were blessed to be able to afford it. Tuesday hit me really hard with being sick, I could hardly stay awake. My eyes are watering as I think of how bad it was. I had a cold and was still stuck at home with no car which normally wouldn't be an issue but I needed medicine! I am so blessed to have such great ladies around me. Jessica, my visiting teacher and who I visit teach and pool buddy, was so kind enough to bring me some meds and zucchini bread, yummm. Many other's offered to help so thank you! It's so hard as a mother to get well while watching the kids, and I only have one. I can't imagine having to do that with more!!

Wednesday I luckily got better and was able to buy some Dayquil which really helped me! We got our car back too and that was nice to have.

I am so glad to be healthy again and able to get things done around the house!! We are excited to have a fun filled weekend, hope you all have a HAPPY 4Th of JULY!

2 comments:

Trent & Lindz said...

Sounds like a crazy week to me! I wish we lived closer. I would have loved to come watch Brooklyn for you while you were sick! I'm glad things are settled down now though. I hope you guys had a nice 4th!

amber {and co.} said...

I'm so glad everything worked out okay, I wish I could have been there to help with all the crazy stuff going on! Glad there are people there to take care of you though :)