Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Weekend Update

Just thought I would give a weekend update, started off Friday night at our softball game. We are the worst team in the league and it was playoff time so they always pair up the loosing team with the best team to wrap that up quickly. Well, We WON!! It was so much fun and I think it was the first time in the season that everyone just relaxed and really enjoyed themselves! Everyone was hitting great. So we play again this Friday night so hopefully we will play just as good. (Knock on wood)

Then Saturday us girls (Julie, Lizzie, Sammy and I) had a girls day. The Saturday of Mother's Day all the boys went out and golfed (yes I joined but still...) and spent the day doing what they wanted. So the girls thought it was only fair that we got the Saturday before Father's Day to do what we wanted. Well sort of. We went to Sam and Dan's new house and painted the whole downstairs plus some of the staircase!! It took us 6.5 hours. I was so tired after that. I also thought I was DONE with painting 20 feet high (remember my sister's house) but unfortunately I wasn't and had to get up on the 10 foot ladder, on stairs, and paint. The anxiety feeling I get wouldn't go away the rest of the night, it was horrible. I HATE that feeling! Then we also got to go see The Proposal and that was great movie.

Sunday was a pretty good day. We had church early like usual and had to sit in the 2ND row so I could lead the children in "Father's Homecoming" which is one of my favorite songs! Brooklyn was a pill at church, the one time we sit up in the front too! Then for Music time in Primary Clark ran it, he loved as a kid fishing in primary and wanted to do it really bad so for part of his gift from me was we could switch jobs that day, he taught and I played the piano. He did great and the kids loved him. It was nice of me to get a break, I think I might "offer" him that more often! After church we all took a nap and then afterwards we headed up to Clark's parents house for dinner. It was Delish, Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Clark's favorite! Well, we didn't have a gift for Clark because we are getting it this Friday for him. Money was behind and so that's what happens but I'm sure he will LOVE his gift!

Monday Brooklyn and I went to the pool like usual and then later went to Ashley's and helped her put together her playroom storage furniture. It's amazing how fast it goes by when you have more than yourself to do it!

Funny story: Today Sammy, my sister in law, came by because she couldn't get her garage door to open, she was going to clean her house before they move in. She also lost her one and only key so she really couldn't get in! So when Brooklyn woke up we headed over there to see if we could help. I couldn't get it open either. I then called a few people and managed to get a ladder to crawl up on the roof and open the window. Sammy had left 2 of them unlocked, luckily. I was SO scared again but I sucked it up and went for it! Obviously I am safe and no harm done, expect I got bit by a bug on my boob, yes you read that correctly. I was freaking out, it hurt! Also forgot to mention that when I was on the ladder a guy drove by in his car, stopped and took a picture of me. We didn't know if he was a perv or if he was going to call the cops or something...Here is a picture from after I got in the window....



The things I do for family!! Like break into their own house!

3 comments:

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

What an eventful weekend! Too bad your girl's day was painting ALL day... maybe next time it won't be so exhausting!

amber {and co.} said...

Whoo hoo, crazy weekend!! I'm sure you're a pro at painting by now, just think of it as lots of practice so yours will be perfect when you get back to it :) Dan and Sam are pretty lucky to have you around, who else would climb up to their upstairs window and break in!? Way to go Superwoman!

Mori Muir said...

That was a funny story!!!