In the past few weeks Brooklyn has gotten more vocal and verbal with us. She now says: dog, dada, mum, yesss, ball, buh bye (rare) and we think she has said chalk a few times. We are loving this stage because she is wanting to know what everything is around her, she will just point at everything and we tell her what it is.
My favorite right now is yesss and here's why: she has really learned the meaning of yes and actually follows through when she says it. When I have asked if she wanted milk she said "yessss" (semi laughing as she says it and with a smile) and even points to the fridge. She will then drink it as well. Another way she has followed through with her yessss is when she gets tired I ask "You wanna go nite nite?" and she will say her yesss while laughing, I put her down and she will take a nap! It's so darn cute, just hoping she doesn't learn the word NO too quickly!!
Another cute story, we were watching a friend's dog for 2 days while they were on vacation and the dog's name was Bear. Well Brooklyn did so well with him, after one day she would get up in his face and try to pet him. She would even say his name in her high pitch voice and point at the dog and laugh. Well, Bear left at night so the next morning Brooklyn woke up and kept saying his name over and over and over. I tried to tell her Bear went buh-bye. Now whenever we go walking and she hears a dog barking she says "Bear?". I think the whole name thing has confused her on what's a dog and what's a bear . (Note To Self: don't give our future dog another animal's name)
Brooklyn isn't walking yet but she is soooo close. It's where she will walk with help of one of my fingers, so we expect in the next little while for her to make the move and walk. This girl is so courageous in the water that I wish she would take that and use it on dry land!! She will dive in with her arms out, mouth full or water, slowly sinking and I have to save her! She did this several times today at the pool!
One last note is we still ADORE her laugh! I need to record it. Her laugh sounds fake, and I have to tell everyone that that is her real laugh. She is such a Ham!
We love our Brookie Broo!!
My favorite right now is yesss and here's why: she has really learned the meaning of yes and actually follows through when she says it. When I have asked if she wanted milk she said "yessss" (semi laughing as she says it and with a smile) and even points to the fridge. She will then drink it as well. Another way she has followed through with her yessss is when she gets tired I ask "You wanna go nite nite?" and she will say her yesss while laughing, I put her down and she will take a nap! It's so darn cute, just hoping she doesn't learn the word NO too quickly!!
Another cute story, we were watching a friend's dog for 2 days while they were on vacation and the dog's name was Bear. Well Brooklyn did so well with him, after one day she would get up in his face and try to pet him. She would even say his name in her high pitch voice and point at the dog and laugh. Well, Bear left at night so the next morning Brooklyn woke up and kept saying his name over and over and over. I tried to tell her Bear went buh-bye. Now whenever we go walking and she hears a dog barking she says "Bear?". I think the whole name thing has confused her on what's a dog and what's a bear . (Note To Self: don't give our future dog another animal's name)
Brooklyn isn't walking yet but she is soooo close. It's where she will walk with help of one of my fingers, so we expect in the next little while for her to make the move and walk. This girl is so courageous in the water that I wish she would take that and use it on dry land!! She will dive in with her arms out, mouth full or water, slowly sinking and I have to save her! She did this several times today at the pool!
One last note is we still ADORE her laugh! I need to record it. Her laugh sounds fake, and I have to tell everyone that that is her real laugh. She is such a Ham!
We love our Brookie Broo!!
*correction she has now changed yessss to yeayea (06/21)
3 comments:
Yes we know bear was a poor choice for a dog but we couldn't resist, any chance we get to warp our childs mind we're there!! She is too cute it's been neat seeing her grow up!!
Thanks for writing and keeping all of us posted on what she's doing! I love it!
You definitely need to video tape her saying all her cute words and post it! Or better yet have her call Aunt Amber so I can hear it in person :) We love Brookie updates!!
Post a Comment