Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Birthday Par-tay


Just a quick recap of the big day:

Brooklyn woke up bright and early and was in a great mood from the start. We finished with some last minute shopping and came home to wake up Daddy at which point we sang to her. (for the record I did sing to her when I went to get her out of the crib) We took some time to just enjoy her, so we hung out on our bed and played with Daddy's Gl0-ga-lee (his cell phone, don't ask me where she gets that from!!)

Time came for things to get done and we were behind on time, with Brooklyn's cake and having the dinner ready we fell short but it still was non stressful as we got everything done as guests arrived. Brooklyn took 2 naps that day and we had to wake her from her last nap for the party but I was just happy she got another hour in!

The party started and it was a really nice, got to visit and chit chat with everyone. Life is crazy sometimes and it was just nice to sit back and catch up with everyone and what they are doing in their lives. I had the "older" kids play "Put the Apple in the Pig's mouth" and it was cute! After about an hour we decided to move into the present part. I held Brookie while she opened all her AWESOME gifts! Thanks to everyone!! She got clothes, pajamas, books, a pool pass, a baby, teapot set, another teapot set with plates and utensils, a Big ball, dog toys, etc. She spent all day today playing with everything, it was so fun to watch her.

Then to the cake. We couldn't find the candle in time and guess what? I found it later after the party, which was perfect. But we sang and she was bouncing as we sang to her, I think she loved it! Now to the cake, she was so hesitant at first. She kept thinking she was in trouble so she didn't eat it for about a minute, seriously. Then she went in head first and started sucking the frosting off the cake, it was HilarEous!! She really got into it after that point.

Afterwards we just whipped her down and let her play with all her new toys. It was tons of fun and we had so much food left over. I had no idea how much 18-22 people would eat. We had Hawaiian Haystacks with pork, fruit kabobs, and chips and salsa. For dessert there was the big cake and Julie's famous sugar cookies, they are amazingly delicious.

here is my first cake ever! (A Ukulele) I thought I did pretty good...

Thanks to all who came, called, or sent cards and gifts! It was a great day!! Special thanks to Julie for all the help she gave before, during, and after the party. She is one great mother in law, I know I am blessed!

We had a great time and Brooklyn had a great 1st Birthday!

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

More pictures tomorrow!! Expect picture overload!

amber {and co.} said...

Love the pictures, especially the cake one, too cute! I'm glad she had such a great day, happy first birthday Brooklyn!

amber {and co.} said...

p.s., the cake turned out great, good job!

Jill said...

Wow Kelsey you did great!! Looks like your first party as a mom was completely successful and the cake WOW you did awesome!!!

Tiffany said...

awesome cake and party. It looks like it was a lot of fun. I love the picture ideas, what a great idea. You did great!!!

Mori Muir said...

GREAT cake and cookies! You are really talented!

Anonymous said...

Wow that looked like fun! I especially liked how Brooklyn shoved her face in the cake! Priceless! And the cake looks fabulous! Great job! Wish I were there!