Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A moment

Clark and I were just talking, mainly about what our plan was for a time table for when we would like to add an addition to our family. At the end of the conversation I said I wanted to hold a baby, Clark reminded me that our little girl is yet so young and I am holding a baby when I hold her. I immediately got up and ran to Brooklyn's room, picked her up from the crib and held her in my arms. The spirit overwhelmed me and tears were flowing as it hit me how much I love this little girl!! I am crying now as I write this thinking of how I felt at that moment! Words can not describe how much I love my little Brookie! Not that I never felt this way before but it has never hit me as hard and as strong as it did in that moment. How blessed am I; how blessed are we!

Also feeling this way has really made me appreciate and understand how my mother must have felt, and is feeling. How much it must have meant to her to hold me in the middle of the night, or to help me to learn and grow! I love you mom, with all my heart. Thank you for all you did, have done, and are yet to do for me!

I hope everyone can have this feeling!
How blessed am I!!

3 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

Moments like that are one of the best parts of being a Mommy! It really puts your life into perspective and helps you remember what is really important :)

Mori Muir said...

That's about the nicest thing you have ever said to me, thanks Kelsey. I don't think anyone ever understands how a mom feels until they become a mom too. I love you with all my heart and tears are flowing here too!

Samantha Phillips said...

I agree with Amber! Those quiet, precious moments we share with our children are so spiritually uplifting!