Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ok, for real

Ok, I am back for real. Sorry, life has been crazy and I am sure I will blog about it shortly because it is something I want to remember. Any who, we are going to start off the day after Thanksgiving this year. We spent Thanksgiving with Clark's family which was great. The food, the company, the whole deal. We really enjoyed ourselves and being around the ones we love. The next day we set off to New Mexico to surprise my grandparents and to thank them for everything they do for us. I haven't seen them in about 3 years and Clark hadn't seen them since we were married so off we went.

The car ride went great, the girls did awesome but you could tell by the last 30 minutes they were done! Can you blame them?! They did so good for 8.5 hours the ride there. We had to get a rental car at the airport because heaven knows our cars wouldn't have made it up to Payson. haha.



When we got there my grandparents were surprised and we enjoyed gabbing with them. They hadn't met Aubrey so that was fun for them to see her. I love my grandparents!! My grandma Farnsie is dear to my heart and I hope I can be like her.





The girls played with my Cousin Chad's little girl Sophie, I didn't get any pictures which I am upset about now. I was just glad to get out in the fresh air and not have to worry about anything. We also got to catch up with Mark and Laurie's family as well as Renn and Vanessa. It was fabulous.



We spent the night in Farmington and headed home the following morning. The girls did great on the way home too. We enjoy our very short trip. We got to spend time with my family and I loved it. A big thank you to Bob and Julie for all they did to help us get there!! We are truly surrounded by amazing people and have such great examples all around us, on both sides of our families.

I was so glad I got to see my grandparents, they are getting older and who really knows how much longer they will be here. They are 84 and going strong. I told Grandma she needed to stop paying her Fast Offerings if she really wanted to go :) Grandma spoke about her days as a secretary for the apostles and the awesome stories she has. I need to get them from my mom!! Mom, if you are reading this could you PLEASE send me a copy. The way she tells the stories are so good and I don't do it justice.

What a time, SO much to be Thankful for!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I was just updating my blog today and saw that you left some comments so I decided to look to see if you had any new posts?? You did. I'm so glad you have access again!!!

I'm so glad you got to visit grandma and grandpa. It totally lifted her spirits! That's a bummer we weren't there. With Allen's job I guess Black Friday is to important to miss.

Yes it's been to long since we've connected. Allen and I are really wanting to make it down to AZ this winter...so we will try to make it happen!!

The girls are so cute. Brookie's hair is so long and Aubrey's is coming in good.

*Katie May* said...

Your girls have gotten so old! Brooklyns hair is getting long!

Unknown said...

im jealous you got to visit! Grandma and Grandpa farnsie are truly the best. Ferrel is an amazing woman. I hope to be as selfless as she is, and as close to the spirt as she is. HOpe we get to see you guys soon!!

Also, you are crazy! you will be great as the primary president! don't kid yourself woman!!!!

also... I LOVE YOUR HAIR!! ITS SOOO SHORT! and way cute!

Love you