Monday, March 7, 2011

Catch a break

Yesterday afternoon Aubrey started breaking out into hives! We were a little worried but deep down I knew it wasn't bad enough to take her to the ER so we gave her bendaryl and watched her. The bumps were red and were covering a majority of her body. She was miserable and you could tell.

This morning I had to take Brookie to the doctor to see how her Pneumonia had cleared up so I thought I would have the doctor look at Aubrey then too. {Brookie was declared healthy, just need to get rid of that nasty cough but that will take time} Well, come to find out Aubrey didn't have hives but Eczema attack. It looks a lot worse then the diagnoses. I felt horrible for her.




These pictures don't do it justice! Really. I am just glad it was only Eczema and not hives from being allergic to any foods or medicines. {knock on wood}



Of course my girl finds time to smile during her sickness! Love this girl of mine!!


This girl is all Phillips and I am not sure how I feel about it...especially right about now with her eczema.

9 comments:

Trent & Lindz said...

Man! Your poor girls. And poor Mama!!! I have a good firend whos daughter had (has) pretty bad eczema. If you want I can ask her some tips of what worked for her daughter. She looked a lot like Aubrey does. Poor girl. At least it's not a strange allergic reaction.

Trent & Lindz said...

By the way, this is Lindsay. Trent connected his Baja blog to ours so now that's how it shows up whenever I leave a comment. Annoying.

Rach said...

Poor Aubrey! I hope the steroid cream is helping her! I have a friend who's daughter had really bad eczema and she used DermaSmooth oil on her as well as Eucerin cream like 3 times a day. That is the only thing that worked for her. I hope Aubrey gets so much better!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kels! Scary! Just so you know eczema is pretty strongly associated with food allergies--keep an eye on her diet! 'Specially if it continues!

Lindsay said...

It's so funny how good or bad characteristic's show just who's jean pool she got the most of. Sometimes I wish we could change that, but I sure hope she feels better and you get a brake from sickness!!!!

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

OH NO! Poor Aubrey. That looks awful!! I love that she is even smiling during it all!! Cutie! Also glad that Brooklyn is now healthy!! Hope that you can get a break soon!

*Katie May* said...

Poor girl! Hope the cream works for her!

Langley said...

Evie's had mild eczema since she was an infant. Its gets real bad in winter. She takes fewer showers (sometimes even without soup) and we keep the water from getting to hot because that can dry them out. Then we lather her up with lotion. Your girl can still smile though. :)

amber {and co.} said...

Man that is some bad eczema!! Dang Phillips skin! Chandler has never gotten it that bad but he and Cody do get little patches on their arms, you can get an over the counter steroid cream (Hydrocortisone 1.0%), I put it on as soon as the eczema starts to show up and it clears it up pretty quickly if you keep on top of it. Sorry Miss Aubrey (and mommy!) has to deal with it!!