Thursday, August 12, 2010

Going by the book

The past couple days have been quiet miserable for me, I am not one to complain because really I have it easy and am blessed with the pregnancy I have but I am officially done!!

Sunday night I had contractions that wouldn't get stronger yet were enough to keep me up from 2-6 only after going to bed at midnight. Then all day Monday my stomach was extremely tight, like having braxton hicks but constantly tight, I was in so much pain. I wanted it to be over. Well I was hoping it was at least doing something for me to progress...

Then Tuesday I went walking all day. Julie took Brookie at 9 and I headed out the door to the mall to get some good walking in. I walked, and walked, and walked. I took a break for lunch while meeting up with Jilene. Then I went to Ross, walked to the Home Goods store, then to old navy, then to Kohls, then to Walmart, then to...you get the idea. I walked until my appointment at 3 only to find out yes I had lost 2 lbs {probably from all the walking that day} but I was only at a 2.5-3. He only said 3 because he felt sorry for me, let's be honest. He strips my membranes and tells me we should know if this works or not by late at night to early in the morning.

Well folks, obviously it didn't work. Here it is Thursday night at midnight and I can't sleep. Aubrey seems to be enjoying bruising my ribs and won't let me rest, she is going crazy and honestly I am getting there myself. I am so frustrated that I can't sleep, that's all I want to do. I have been having contractions off and on but nothing is consistent. On Tuesday we also scheduled my induction for Sunday at 5 am so it's nice to have an end in sight!

I have tried everything to get this girl to come! Everything you can, everything written in books. Well besides the castor oil and I doubt I will ever try that in this life time.

Eaten spicy foods: check
Walked: check, check and check
hanky panky: check
cleaned and kept busy: check
membranes scraped: check

Brooklyn has been having the most amazing fits lately, today she had one that lasted about 40 minutes of non stop screaming and surprisingly I didn't get mad at all. I didn't loose my cool and I think that's why it lasted so long, she wasn't getting to me. In the end I put her in her crib naked, she was fighting me about putting a diaper on, and she slept about 40 minutes to wake up in her own pee. I of course cleaned her and her bed and I think she realized why we have to wear them. Man, life is good.

I am ready. Clark is ready. Brooklyn senses something is happening and that makes her ready ;) so let's do this already!!!






2 comments:

Tyler and Kendyl said...

Oh man, I am reliving so many memories reading this! I'm glad you have an induction date set at least.

Oh and I totally laughed out loud when I read hanky panky! Love it. Maybe more is in store... help Clark stock up for the 6 weeks of lack of hanky panky LOL!!!

Good luck and I can't wait to see her!

*Katie May* said...

I hope they get you in for sure on Sunday! Sorry nothing has been working for you to get that baby out. My body sounds like yours when it comes to babies. I had to be induced with all my kids but Landon he was the one that was a week late and the dr told me to take castor oil and it worked for the most part. I hope you then best this weekend. Oh and I think a guy made up the hanky panky idea working cause it has NEVER worked on all four of my kids I think I gave up after number two lol