Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Garden

So 2 weeks ago I started a garden, can you believe it?!?
Well The Marrow family in our ward had blocked off 16 mini garden areas {5x5 feet squares} and I couldn't resist and take one of them. I have never grown anything in my life. You know those plants they sent home with you in elementary to grow a little plant, yeah I didn't even do those. So of course I had to get a lot of help, it was so sweet that the Primary kids {I'm talking 7-8 year olds} were helping me and knew more about it than I did! Talk about humbling...
I'm sorry to all those of you I was bugging that night, asking SOOOO many questions! {Thanks Dave, sorry I was a pain} But I really appreciate all the help!

Me and my garden. {It's just dirt that's in the picture}
The Eave boys working on theirs...

Marrows


Everyone working till it was dark out.

Well I need to go check on it, make sure things are still alive and growing! I'll keep you posted!!









4 comments:

The Richins Family said...

Where is this at? I know you said the morrows' but which one and is it gated so the bunnies don't eat it? who is all in on it. i haven't heard about this before.

Jen Johnson said...

fun. My sister in law out in Maricopa have a garden in with the stake. Someone donated a part of their land so all members of the stake and wards could have a chance to do it. They shared some of their veggies and things with us! So, good fresh from the vine!

amber {and co.} said...

How fun! I love gardening, there's nothing better than fresh grown produce! What all did you plant? I'm sure it will be yummy!!

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

I am excited to see all of the plants that grow in your garden! You look so cute in your 'dirt' I mean garden... I can't wait for an update.