This past weekend I was able to spend time up with my Dad in MN; Ashley and I were able to get away from Friday to Tuesday. We left Arizona with 115 degrees outside to arrive in MN at about 65, it was so nice! Friday night we got in at about 9 and went to dinner at Famous Dave's, can you say yummmmm?!, and then spent the rest of the night playing cards because we both don't get enough of that here at home. (our hubby's aren't big into cards)


Saturday we drove to Dad's work, looked around the UofM campus, and made a pit stop at the Camera store. Then while Ashley and my Dad went and saw Harry Potter, not a big fan, I went and visited with my HS friend Jill Sele. We just sat and talked for about 2 hours or so, it was so good catching up with her. What's funny to me is we have always had a love/hate relationship but she is the one who has really cared about seeing me since I moved away, it's funny to see which "friends" really care. I didn't get a picture of her and I together which I am bummed about. Then later that night we took pictures of the Minneapolis skyline.


Sunday after going to church with Dad we headed up to the North Shore on Lake Superior. It takes about 4 hours to get to a town named Grand Marias but a beautiful location, and with all of us into photography this place was perfect! The weather was amazing, so amazing that Ashley and I had to buy jackets to wear!! Of course after getting our jackets we then had some frozen custard which was delish....thanks to the pregnant lady for demanding it! We then played more cards on the deck of our hotel right off the coast. We tried to get to bed earlier for our early rise the following day.
{yummmm...the best part: I didn't have to rush to eat it, no melting}We got up at 4:30 on Monday to take pictures of the Lake at Sunrise. It was so worth it, it was beautiful and the colors were amazing!! Here are several shots. After getting our fill of shooting some pictures in Grand Marais we then headed back south and made a pit stop at Split Rock Lighthouse. We then finished the night with many many rounds of Farkle, it's the next best thing to cards! {yes I took these shots along with my Dad}



{having a little fun with picture taking}
{Side Note}










1 comment:
looks like a fun trip and the pictures turned out great!!
Post a Comment