Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First ER trip

Last Tuesday night Brooklyn had her first trip to the ER, It was one crazy night. The day before she had a small fever, one I thought would happen because of teething or something. It quickly went away, and she was sleeping more. So Tuesday we put her down and she was a little warm, gave her Tylenol and put her down at 5:45. She woke up at about 8:45 and was really warm. The rest of the night she didn't sleep well at all.

I had to put the twin bed in her room {because it was the coolest room in the house} and "sleep" with her. I noticed at about 12:45 that she was trying to poop so I went and bought some cherry juice to help with that. At 1:45 I took her temperature and it reached 102.4 so I decided to take her in. Better safe than sorry.

At the hospital her temperature was 103.7, they then told me they would run some tests. Check to see if it was a UTI, troubles with white blood cell count, etc. She would need a catheter and also blood drawn. I bawled when they held her down, I don't know how any mother can stand it. After all the trauma we then waited about 3 hours to get results. Luckily everything came back positive and we were able to go home. The Doctors said it might be a viral infection that needs to run it course. We still haven't heard back on the blood work which is good, like the Doctor said "No news is good news"

We got home at 5:15 am and needless to say we were all Exhausted!! Clark had to get back up an hour later to go to work. Brooklyn slept till 9:45 and then took another long nap after that. She woke up without her fever and has shown no signs since then of any illness. We are really glad she is ok! Hopefully we won't be back there anytime soon!!


Here she is at the hospital, I had my camera and had to take a picture. After all the trauma stuff was over she was quite happy and a active girlie...


3 comments:

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

So sad! I wish that you guys didn't have to go through that ordeal! Thank goodness it is over, and she is doing okay!!

amber {and co.} said...

Poor Brookie Broo and mommy! Seeing your kid in pain is the worst possible feeling. I'm glad she's okay and hopefully no more ER trips for a long time!

Trent & Lindz said...

You guys are such troopers! What a miserable night. I'm glad you are all doing well now and that you all made it back safe and sound from your trip. Sounds like you had a blast!