I have been wanting to try to make a fondant cake for some time now, { yes Ace of Cakes and Cake Boss definitely helped the urge} and my friend Tiffany also wanted to. So we decided to get together and make our first one for my mother in law Julie who is also good friends with Tiffany.
I found a picture online of a cute cake I would like to copy so we used that as our inspiration. Tiffany was so sweet, she baked the cakes a day before and the frosting so all I had to do was show up. {Thanks Chica} She was really nervous about how it would turn out so she ended up buying pre-made fondant. It was good quality and Cake Boss was all over the companies website so it had to be decent!
We really enjoyed ourselves and the fondant was easy to work with! Here it is:


We are really happy with how it turned out, our 1st time using it. And it's taste was really good. The brown fondant tasted like chocolate and the white didn't really have a distinct taste but both were good. I drove the cake from Tiffany's straight to Julie's which was about an hour and the fondant was starting to sag a little, next time we will need to make sure it's thinner.
And Yes Tiffany, there will be a next time!
3 comments:
The pre-made fondant looks awesome! I tried to make fondant once and it came out lookin like marshmallow goo and it was disgusing! haha. your cake looks awesome!
It looks great! I have never used the pre-made fondant, but I just think fondant in general is FUN!! You will have to let me know if you find a good recipe for making your own fondant!!!
Yay, it turned out great! And I'm glad the pre-made stuff tasted good, that's usually my only complaint about fondant. I'm sure Julie loved it, that was really sweet of you guys to do that for her!
Post a Comment