Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Prayers are Answered...

Something from the heart:

My nephew Chandler was in the hospital last week, it was a tough time for him and his parents. It was a hard time on everyone. I don't know what they were suppose to learn from this experience, but for me it has built my testimony so strongly on the principle of Prayer and how with faith they are answered! I went to the Temple last Thursday for the purpose of praying for this family, who is so close to my heart, and in return had been blessed beyond what was asked in faith! I felt the Savior's peace and in that moment knew that they did too.

As I was sitting there, the rush of other's that are close to me and that I have worried about all came to mind. I couldn't stop thinking of them, and for what trials they are going through. All I could truly ask for was that they too could feel this same peace, that their lives would be filled with love and understanding. I know without a doubt that those who I prayed for felt his peace, whether it was small or overwhelming!

Then it came to myself....I felt so much love! What has been weighing on me the most lately was lifted and although it still a struggle I am going through is has definitely been easier to bare!!
Shortly after leaving the Temple that night I received news that Chandler was doing better than they could have hoped for, and they too had seen the blessings of prayer in his behalf!
Miraculously Chandler is completely healthy and back at home, like nothing happen. It has been a miracle that he is still here with us!! I know without a doubt that there was hundreds of prayers answered by our Heavenly Father for this precious spirit! And I have felt the faith and strength of so many. I am so grateful for this opportunity to strengthen my testimony, although it came in the worst circumstances, it definitely made me a better person. I am grateful for my trials, each one teaches me something and helps me become a better person, or strive to. (I know I have much more work to do)

I know He loves me, I know he answers prayers!!
He's waiting for us to turn to him.....

3 comments:

Rach said...

That reminds me of the relief society lesson on mother's day. It was about Joseph Smith when he was in carthage jail and the trials he was enduring and those of his family away from him. It really touched me how we can be grateful for trials! Looks like you learned that a different way. See you guys soon!

amber {and co.} said...

Kels we are so grateful for your love and support!!! The night you went to Temple Chandler made a dramatic improvement from that morning, and I have no doubt that your prayers and faith played a part in his recovery and in giving us peace. I love you and couldn't ask for a sweeter sister! Thank you thank you!! :)

Jill said...

what a testimony builder! Thanks for sharing and we're glad he's okay too!!