Well, I know it's been forever and I never ended up doing the opening party for the playroom but here it is for all to see. I had a BLAST creating it, coming up with ideas, the colors, shopping for it, and all that came with it. The nieces, nephews, and neighborhood kids have really enjoyed it and Brooklyn is just beginning to explore the area.
Now to explain the area and the "playroom" location. We bought our home as a spec home so someone had already picked out everything in the house. Well the person who first started the house pushed back a half wall giving more area to the family room in our big room. There is no useful need for it because about 5 feet away is our dinning table so it would be pointless to make it a formal dinning area. I decided to make it our playroom. It's perfect, the kids can be in the same room as the adults to help be supervised but don't make the main area a mess with toys. When you walk in you can't even see the area so keeping it clean is not a priority which is nice. After all the kids will wreck it. so here is a before picture:
After much painting, shopping, looking for ideas, and $$$ later here it is.
This is the magnetic chalkboard I had made. It has yet to be written on it due to my lack of getting an eraser but I have a feeling there will be some writing on Brooklyn's bday! ;)
The main area. I got dishes for the girls to play with and other toys I know every kid would like. The wire across the top of the cubby area is to hang pictures of what the kids draw to show it off. Unfortunately Brookie hasn't colored me anything yet so I just put pictures up of her.
We are excited to have the area done and are enjoying the fruits of our (well my) labors. Anyone is welcome to come enjoy it with us! Well, hope you liked it, we sure do!!
8 comments:
good job! i think it looks great.
Super cute! I can't wait to have a playroom!!
Please tell me you will help me with my house when we move! Kelsey you are amazingly talented!!! :)
OOOOO! i like that rug! It looks like a fun little "room"!
This turned out so cute! I can't wait to come see it in person on Brooklyn's birthday! :)
I LOVE how it turned out. You did such a great job! All of your hard work is paying off! I love watching Taylor and Kaylee play in there, it will be so fun watching Brooklyn!! Great job!!
You are definately talented! Great job!
looks great Kels, you did a good job! Chandler will have to come and play next time we're down :)
Post a Comment