Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tia Roses, MN girls, First Swim



Brooklyn and I had a very eventful day, after realizing she wasn't going to nap good for me we headed out to Tempe to pick up two Minnesota friends, Rochelle and Liz, from their hotel and took them out to lunch. We went to Tia Roses in Mesa and they really enjoyed it. They loved the atmosphere and the food was great too! I had to make sure they got some good, real Mexican food while they were here for their Spring Break. Brooklyn was semi good most of the time, especially for not getting a nap in earlier! They couldn't get enough of her and all her fantastic faces she makes.



We caught up on old times and where and what everyone is up to now. You know, the good old day friends from HS. They are both doing great and are going to graduate college in the next 6 months. (Liz is graduating in May, Rochelle is in the fall) Crazy how time flies!! We then headed back to their hotel to enjoy the sun and the pool.




It was Brooklyn's first swimming experience and my first time back in the pool since before Brooklyn was born, a LONG time! I was in a rush that when I stopped to get swimmers for her I didn't look at the sizes and got a LG for 32+ lbs...they were a little big but still cute! Brooklyn definitely knows how to be in fashion! Her tankini was adorable and her hat as well! The girls loved taking turns holding her and playing with her, they were great with her!




Brooklyn would push me away like she wanted to swim by herself so I just held her on her tummy and moved her around as if she was on her own. She really enjoyed it. I even dunked her under and she came up great! Yes of course, later while swimming she swallowed some water and coughed a little but she was a trooper. I really enjoyed being in the water too, it's like my second home! I think Brooklyn is going to be a fish like her mother!



Us before we got into the pool, she was waving but then decided to fan herself! Yes she is THAT hot! Sizzzzzzzzzz



Her first step into the pool, she was confused at first but learned quickly!



On her tummy, the way she liked it!



Her new funny face, she pulls her bottom teeth on top...looks like an old man face!



Splashing and waving...so much to do!



Her cute little (well not so little) butt would float up to the top...maybe the big swimmers I got didn't help!



She loved to take Rochelle's football and chew on it...Here she is trying to fit the whole thing in her mouth!



More Splashing!
Us girls chillin afterwards! She is getting so big and is tons of fun!

It was a great day with good friends, Mexican food, and a gorgeous day at the pool! We really enjoyed it and can't wait to get back out in the cool water and play so more!

3 comments:

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

I have to say how HOT you look in these pictures! Dang girl!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair with the hat! I think the curly option on you is so cute! Also Brooklyn is getting so big! I feel like everytime I see you she is sleeping! I haven't seen her in the longest time! She is so adorable! I am sure that you love her more and more every day!

amber {and co.} said...

That's great you were able to do this, it's always so fun to get together with old friends! And how exciting to take Brooklyn swimming, so glad she liked it! :)

Mori Muir said...

I'm so glad you are keeping in touch with old friends, its so nice. Love the swim suit, hat, etc. Very cute girls!!!