Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Our little trooper....

Brooklyn has been struggling with health the past two weeks. At first it was teething, she was getting her top two teeth. She then began to have a runny nose and a small cold. I honestly didn't think much of it because there isn't really anything they can do for a infant with a cold. Well that went into a deep cough in her chest in which wasn't affecting her until yesterday morning when she was coughing so hard she threw up. We called the doctor and they scheduled us to come in this morning.


This was the diagnosis: She was teething which then gave her a cold, which gave her Bronchitis which then caused her to get a ear infection and meanwhile she is getting her top 4 teeth, not just the 2 that we thought. No wonder my little girl has been so clingy?! Poor thing.


We filled two prescriptions today for her Albuterol for her coughing which is 3 times a day for however long it lasts for and Amox which is penicillin based for her ear infection which is 2 times a day for 10 days. Hopefully our little girl can get healthy and back to her normal self soon! I am just glad I followed my hubby's advice in taking her in to the doctor.
Mommy won't be so hard on our little one next time she is clingy!!

4 comments:

Trent & Lindz said...

Poor little thing! I hope she gets better soon. We'll have her in our prayers! Again, let me know if I can help in any way!!!

amber {and co.} said...

Poor girl! Give her a big kiss from us, get better soon Brookie Broo, we love you!

Samantha Phillips said...

Blookie! we're so sorry you're sick! We hope you get better soon!
We love you,
Your crazy cousins.

Anonymous said...

Poor girl! And poor mom! I was gonna have you text me directions to your house to stop by for that stuff today-but it sounds like you guys might need your rest huh?! Let me know when you're feeling up to a visit! 480-213-5160. Hope Brooklyn feels better soon and gets those top 4 teeth through!