Sunday, February 15, 2009

I remember why...

Given an hour and half estimated time on the dinner wait at 4 pm,

Trying 3 different restaurants,

Catching every red light possible,

Getting stuck behind snowbirds,

Not being able to decide what to do,

getting really frustrated...

Now I remember why we don't go out on Valentine's Day!!

Clark and I, for some reason I have no idea why...maybe something to do with a teething baby and a chance to get out just us adults, tried to go out on Saturday for dinner at 4. As you can tell it didn't go so well; so NOT worth it. We ended up going to Safeway and bought ourselves our own dinner we would cook up at Clark's parent's house for all of us. We should have just done this from the beginning!


On the Menu:

Steaks

balsamic vinegar and honey asparagus

oven roasted sweet potato wedges with brown sugar and butter

beer battered zucchini sticks

red leaf lettuce and spinach salad with red bell peppers and tomatoes

Italian Soda to drink

dessert: chocolate covered strawberries


It was a nice evening together and we were glad we were able to fix dinner for Bob, Julie, Grammy, and our Brooklyn although she could join us in conversation (smile)! Hope you all had a Happy Valentine's Day and felt loved!






1 comment:

amber {and co.} said...

I'm glad you guys ended up having a fun Vday and did something to celebrate! The food looks yummy!