So, I thought I would do a little post to share how Sunday went for us in Primary! We decided to make several changes to how we do things and were excited to see the kids responded to it.
First we made a SP {scripture power} cape. We wanted something that would entice the children to bring their scriptures. So whichever class brought the most scriptures their teacher would get to be the Scripture Power Hero for the day in Primary. Peggy made it and man is it perfect! I will need to take a picture of it. We love it and can't wait for all our teachers to be able to wear it.
Second we introduced Rocky the Reverent Bear to Jr. Primary. He wears a bow tie and has a name tag. Whichever class is most reverent in primary they get to take Rocky to class with them. This week is was the Sunbeams because they did great for their first week in there! I was so proud of Brookie and how well she did. I think Preschool really prepared her for it. Thank you Mrs. K!!
Third we did Reverent Banks for Sr. Primary. Whenever their class is reverent they get money added to their bank. It can be at any time during the 3rd hour they are with us. Whether entering the room quietly, participating in opening exercises, or singing great during singing time. Once their bank is filled they get to Cash Out and take a prize. I think they really liked the idea. One boy said "this is great!". I said yes it is. Haha.
Another change is how we are doing spotlights. I wanted something more personal for the children, something they could truly feel the Saviors love with so this is what I came up with. Each child gets to be spotlighted, one child each week in each Primary. They come up and get a bookmark of compliments from random people like anyone in the presidency, their parents, or teacher. Then we take a moment and let those in the Primary share what they love about that child. It was so incredible and I know they felt loved! We then sing their favorite primary song. It has been a lot of work and I have a ton more to do to make sure everyone gets one but it is something I am truly touched by. I have enjoyed typing them all up and being able to focus my time on that one child and to think about them for a little bit. I think it has made me even more attached to these children.
This past Sunday was truly amazing. For sharing time we did things a little different. We had each teacher get up and share with us a time they CTR. Because that is our theme this year. We wanted the kids to get to know their teacher a little better and talk about the theme. It was so powerful and just confirmed to me that each teacher was where they were suppose to be, in there with our Children. The Lord's children. Crystal texted me later that day with "I felt the Spirit so strong today. I often wondered if primary would hold the same spirit as I felt in RS! Today I know for sure it was even stronger!". How true that statement was and I was so glad she was able to get that confirmation.
It was truly an amazing day with exciting changes and the spirit testifying of all we are doing. The week before was crazy and hectic. I had battled Satan in my head and had some low points but Sunday was all I needed to know what we were doing as a presidency was right. Answers to our prayers!
I am so thankful for everyone serving in there. For our teachers, for our chorister, for our pianist, and most importantly for our children. They teach us so much just by being themselves.
I had to write this down so the next time Satan tries to mess with me I can read this and know he is nothing!
2 comments:
Wow, sounds amazing! I love the fresh perspective, and the new spotlight is a stroke of genius! Way to go!
-Julie
ps call me :)
Sounds like great changes!! You'll be awesome President Phillips!
Post a Comment