Obsessive-compulsive disorder: An anxiety disorder in which a person suffers from obsessive thoughts and compulsive actions, such as cleaning, checking, counting, or hoarding. The person becomes trapped in a pattern of repetitive thoughts and behaviors that are senseless and distressing but very hard to stop.
Brooklyn suffers from this, nothing proven as far as medically but as a mom I feel it's pretty bad. Brooklyn has this thing about sitting right now. She feels she can tell everyone where to sit. When I put her in the bath she will point to the side of the tub and say sit until I sit in that spot and at any meal time she tells me to sit next to her. I tell her I will sit where I would like to sit but usually end up sitting there because that is where I would sit anyways, but I make sure she knows it's not because she said so.
As far as her Teddy Bears and Babies go she will line them up on the couch and they have to be sitting properly. If they aren't sitting up straight or where she wants them to she will literally freak out. She starts to fuss and gets really whinny until it is perfect. Now from someone who is far from OCD or a clean freak it really frustrates me. I don't know what to do, seriously. I get so frustrated at her for freaking out about how a teddy bear is sitting!! Do I take away the baby or bear? Does she go to time out? Or do I just help her set them up? I don't want to encourage this behavior!
Well one morning, like every morning, I get up with her and I will be half asleep on the couch {What can I say, I am NOT a morning person!} while she watches some shows and plays. I woke up one morning to this:
Brooklyn suffers from this, nothing proven as far as medically but as a mom I feel it's pretty bad. Brooklyn has this thing about sitting right now. She feels she can tell everyone where to sit. When I put her in the bath she will point to the side of the tub and say sit until I sit in that spot and at any meal time she tells me to sit next to her. I tell her I will sit where I would like to sit but usually end up sitting there because that is where I would sit anyways, but I make sure she knows it's not because she said so.
As far as her Teddy Bears and Babies go she will line them up on the couch and they have to be sitting properly. If they aren't sitting up straight or where she wants them to she will literally freak out. She starts to fuss and gets really whinny until it is perfect. Now from someone who is far from OCD or a clean freak it really frustrates me. I don't know what to do, seriously. I get so frustrated at her for freaking out about how a teddy bear is sitting!! Do I take away the baby or bear? Does she go to time out? Or do I just help her set them up? I don't want to encourage this behavior!
Well one morning, like every morning, I get up with her and I will be half asleep on the couch {What can I say, I am NOT a morning person!} while she watches some shows and plays. I woke up one morning to this:

6 comments:
Wow, she is really organized... I think that it is cute how she has to have everything EXACT. Maybe that is just the organizer part of me. Hopefully it doesn't last...
Hopefully it's just a toddler thing. They get kind of picky and independent at that age. I totally 'half sleep' on the couch too in the morning. Landon normally sits on me the whole time(sometimes my head the little stinker!) watching his shows and Carsten is down for his morning nap. Works great :) I HATE mornings!
I must say that is quite impressive. My child would have my house destroyed in seconds flat if I even think about closing my eyes. Jhett is totally lining things up too. Cars & trucks mostly. He lines them up on my stomach, across the couch, on the floor... It's probably just a stage these kiddos go through :)
Haha, are you sure she's not my kid!? That's funny, I love her little entourage! I'm sure she'll grow out of it, Chandler is really picky about certain things too- it makes me laugh how opinionated toddlers can be! Silly Brookie Ü
I'm sorry but this cracks me up! I would get frustrated too though if I had to deal with it every day. I think a lot of toddlers are like that though. (at least I've known a few who are) Hopefully it's just something she'll grow out of.
Haha...We think the SAME thing about Mckenna. She has other little things she does, but Jeff is sure she is OCD. Let us know if you figure something out :-)
Post a Comment